1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets scored 3 points with 6 minutes left in 4th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jan 16, 2014.

1. mockster

mockster Member

I didn't watch the game bit I checked the score And it said 6 minutes left 90-89 thunder leading by 1. Rockets only scored 3 points. How friggen sad is this?. From people who watched the game what happend?, what could they have done to score what were they doing wrong?. Obviously Durant can take over but what's the excuse of not scoring?. Obviously they were playing well or matching okc in points but all of a sudden 6 minutes left they let it go. This team is fustrating to watch. I feel like howard should be better or getting more touches. Last game he went 4-5 that's unacceptable to me. Obviously howard went I think 6-14 or some thumb which is better but compared to hardens 18-25 shots he takes not really. I didn't see the game like I mentioned but I think hardens shots should lower and howard should get more shots or equal to harden. I also saw Lin playing fewer minutes but why?

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Oh, you didn't watch tonight?

I envy you.

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Didn't even bother to get a shot off at the end. In most cases it's fine but not when you only scored 9 in the quarter.

4. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

I second thing

5. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I'm so glad I missed this game. Jeez.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i want to erase this game from my mind.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team needed a game like this. Now maybe they will start to truly listen.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Naw, we already had games like this where we blew big leads to the Mavs in Dallas, McHale just forgets the next day and they're back to square one. This team needs a shake up fast !

9. nchan

nchan Member

Mchale rides the hot hand. Brooks was extremely hot in the first half.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're 27-15 - shape up fast or what? We'll end up 52 and 30? What a horrible record for a young team man!

We scored 19 points in a half - that kind of embarrassment is exactly what these guys need. They need people laughing at them for being a "high scoring offense" that see the NBA record for the worst 2nd half ever.

There's a part of McHale that's smiling.

2 people like this.
  11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I think a NCAA team would have played better than today's Houston Rockets in 4th

12. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Can you pity me? I rushed home from taking my kids to swimming class and started watching by the end of the 3rd quarter when Durent swished a 3 at the buzzer...

13. bonny1

bonny1 Member

They are too tired to play. They just cannot say it in interviews. About DH's problem, it's not just his teammates don't know how to give him the ball. It's more about he does not want the ball, especially in clutch times.

14. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

It's your fault. You brought us bad luck tonight. JK!

15. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

16. hahachui

hahachui Member

I just watched the first half...and i was so happy...
    then i go to work....
    I AM SO LUCKY that missed the second half!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. i3artow i3aller

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

18. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The Rockets' number one problem is lack of screens in the half-court offense. I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face :( ..... Expecting teams to score and shoot well without any screens would be like expecting a car to run without any gas. It just won't happen.

If there were a statistic in the NBA for screens set, I'd be certain the Rockets would be dead last, with a good gap relative to the team next to last.

19. TheresTheDagger

Just when you think you've seen it all as a Rockets fan....

Wanna test someone's true fandom? Come to Houston and support the professional sports teams. They WILL test you.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

McHale preaches read and react. For last night's game vs Thunders, I wonder what he was reading so he's not reacting to Rox not scoring in the second half. Analysis paralysis maybe.

54-pt differential between first and second half. A really honorable record for any coach in NBA.