1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule in Excel format

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ricealum, Oct 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

I have uploaded the 2003-04 schedule in Excel format. As you enter the results, it calculates pts for and against, margin, W-L record, estimated final record, last 10, link to Yahoo sports recap, and other useful stuff. If you don't have Excel, try it in StarOffice or OpenOffice.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Rockets.zip

It's a zip file; use Aladdin Expander (e.g.) to decompress.

2. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

man this is some good stuff!
    thanks a bunch:D

3. GranvilleWaders

the margins are not wide enough..can you adjust so the stats will read correctly?

4. ricealum

GranvilleWaders: "the margins are not wide enough..can you adjust so the stats will read correctly?"

If you unprotect it (there's no password) you can alter the font and column widths however you choose. I set it up to fit on a 12" screen, so everything's shrunk to the limit.

5. ricealum

wakkoman: "man this is some good stuff!"

Thanks! BTW there was some odd caching issue a minute ago, so if you got the 2002-03 schedule, try it again. The link should include the 2003-04 schedule.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty cool stuff. Good work! :)

7. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

It really does seem like something I would like to have and use, but its READ ONLY and the margins are not working right for me either.

8. ricealum

TheHorns: "its READ ONLY and the margins are not working right for me either."

It's protected just to prevent people from accidentally overwriting something, but there's no password. Feel free to unprotect it and change anything you like -- I hereby place it in the public domain. :cool:

9. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Good work, thanks. Something different to do.

10. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Thanks for the great stuff, ricealum ;)

BTW, what is Redeye Games ?:confused:

11. mirror_image

ricealum, I find out what is Redeye Game now.

But I don't think it is a BLOWOUT game if we win only by 10. It should be at least 20 instead in my opinion.:rolleyes:

12. ricealum

mirror_image: "But I don't think it is a BLOWOUT game if we win only by 10. It should be at least 20"

Good point ... I guess I assumed if the margin was 10, it meant the Rockets were down 40 at one point and staged a futile rally. :( Seriously, that stat was to track games that were out of play at the end, as opposed to a "close" game where a 3 at the buzzer would have changed the outcome. Certainly 10 isn't a huge margin. To change the margin, unprotect it:

Tools > Protection > Unprotect Workboot (leave password box empty)

Go to cell AB10 and change the 9 to 19 (or whatever) in the formula

=0+IF(AND(ABS(D10-E10)>9,I10="W"),1,0)

Then change the 9 to the same number (whatever you chose above) in this formula in AC10:

=0+IF(AND(ABS(D10-E10)>9,I10="L"),1,0)

Then select AC10:AC92 and use Edit > Fill > Down to populate all the cells with the new formula.

(Note: instuctions may vary slightly depending on your version of Excel ... or OpenOffice.)

13. Sattle

Sattle Contributing Member

14. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Excellent, thanks for sharing. I will use it just as it is.

15. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Pretty sweet, i set the column width to 5 and it looks great. what does OT stand for? Overtime? do you just put a Y or N?

16. ricealum

jeff from vandy: "what does OT stand for? Overtime? do you just put a Y or N?"

Yes, overtime. What I do is put an asterisk for each OT, but the formula just checks to see if something is there, so you could put Y for yes, 2 for double OT, etc. -- anything. If it's not blank, it's overtime.

Next year I'll have to include a readme in the zip... :eek:

17. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Dude, this thing is outstanding - great job! And thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

I love that all you have to do is plug in the final scores and everything else takes care of itself... too easy.

BTW y'all, if you want more precise column width controls, turn on row and column headers (in the Tools menu, select Options and it's under the View tab). Then you can hand tweak each column to get things to line up how you want.

18. mirror_image

ricealum, thanks again with my whole heart! You are the MAN;) ;)