1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Salaries, Cap Health, Roster Moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, May 7, 2007.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I love that idea, its exactly what I was thinking, except I not good words use right, you are better vocabulator than I.

all joking aside, if we could do that, I would personally quit college and move to Houston.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

How much is a lottery pick outside the top 3 worth? The Suns will be well over the Luxury Tax threshhold and their owner Sarver doesn't want that.

The most obvious and discussed solution for the Suns is to move Diaw. Rockets aren't in the picture on that. However what if there are no takers and his lesser role this year has Diaw labelled as a one season wonder?

The Rockets can offer an alternate deal. It won't get the Suns under the LT but it does get them close by shaving c.7M off their books.

Kurt Thomas, Marcus Banks, James Jones, and Pike
    for
    Howard, Sura, Head, and Lucas.

That'd be equivalent to saving $14 million.

Though Rockets would have LT worries of their own. If they can swing a deal with a team below the salary cap team looking for PG depth they could get away with it along with a non-guaranteed 15th man to help fudge the numbers.

Teams like Orlando (e.g Alston for Diener), Hawks, and Bobcats would have to be interested in Alston given his production, salary and experience.

Banks, Spanoulis, (Diener)
    McGrady, Snyder, Pike
    Battier, Jones
    Thomas, Hayes, Novak
    Yao

That'd leave 3 roster spots open. 1 for the draft pick and 2 for min. salaried players.

3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

SF to the Rockets might just have to happen now to keep the fickle Houston fanbase interested at all next year. This BBS will be absolutely torn if that goes down, but for the LLE, why not, I can already see the posters with Yao in the middle with T-Mac and SF on his left and right, arms crossed, lol!

Slogan:
    "OK, this Year, We Promise!"

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

THe Rockets should just sign Chucky Atkins, and PJ Brown (maybe Jamaal Magloire). They should be able to get that done with the salary they are working with. Give Sura a 1 Million $ buyout. Dont re-sign Big Jake. Let Bonzi walk. Resign Hayes and Deke.

PG - Alston, Atkins, Lucas, V-Span
    SG - Mcgrady, Head, Snyder
    SF - Battier, Novak
    PF - Hayes, Brown, Juwan
    C - Yao, Mutombo

They would need to pick up a quality wing in the draft to back up Battier!

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That lineup still doesn't address our need for a 3rd scorer/slasher/athlete, sure we have a better bench, but that quality wing you speak of better start!!!

Afflalo anyone?

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

^^

Maybe one of the Hawks young guys like Josh Childress???