1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Salaries, Cap Health, Roster Moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, May 7, 2007.

1. xiaoqiuqiu

xiaoqiuqiu Member

2 trade just pop up in my mind, not goint to happen in real world but just want to see how you guys think about it:

with lakers:
    Yao/Juwan/Span <--> Bynum/Kwame/Odom+ lakers 07 1st round pick

Reason for us: Odom will fit with Tmac. We can do Run & Gun with Odom and Tmac. Bynum has potential, Kwame can at least defending low post with 1 year contract, We get rid of Juwan's contract.

Reason for Lakers: Just imagine Yao hold the team in first 3Q and KB takes over in Q4?

with Nets:
    Rafer/Juwan/Sura/Head+07+(09?) 1st rd pick <--> Kidd

Reason for us: big gamble for us. surely need to pay the luxary tax. But we will become the serious contender for the champ.

Reason for Nets: first of all it depends on their decision to rebuild the team. They are moving to NY and Rafar is hero there. Good fit. Not likely though.

Don't think Morey or Les has the guts to pull the trigger.

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Is there any chance we can trade for Jameer Nelson? He is a good PG, shoots well, drives, loves to play with a big man (Howard>Yao), etc.
    He could be a huge asset for this team!

Throw Head and Alston in the deal plus a second round pick and trade for Nelson and Arroyo!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...ams=10~10~19~19

Trade Howard + Sura for Dalembert and you have a good PF!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=991~351~825&teams=10~20~20

PG: Nelson/Arroyo/V-Span/JL III
    SG: T-Mac/Mo Pete (MLE)/Arroyo
    SF: Battier/Snyder/Novak
    PF: Dalembert/Hayes
    C: Yao/Deke/1st or 2nd round pick

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want Jameer Nelson...He will be the perfect PG for us..a young and quick one who can penetrate, dish and shoot the three ball...I've read reports that the Magic were not satisfies with his play...is he a free agent?

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

No, he 's not! That 's why we have to trade, if we want this guy ...

5. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Our draft pick at the end of June will determine for the most part who we end up pursuing in free agency. If we move up for Acie Law, our chances of signing Mo Williams goes down, and signing an athletic swingman or PF with our MLE go up, etc.

6. ghost

ghost Member

The Rockets won't wait to see who they draft before deciding who to pursue in FA. FA starts on July 1st. The draft is June 28th. They will be preparing for the draft and FA simultaneously.

7. forchette49

Agreed, the short lists for both sure, but my point is that finding Acie Law AND Mo Williams on this team next year would be slim to none IMO.

Afflalo and Mo, Afflalo and Atkins, Law/Crittenton and Peterson, Law/Crittenton and Mason, etc. The closest thing you might find is Law/Crittenton and Atkins, and thats only if Skip is moved...

8. YaoYoYao

YaoYoYao Member

Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about how much money JH is making?

Les needs to spend more money to acquire quality role players, period! let the caps be damned! He's got a championship caliber franchise now, he shouldn't go cheap.

9. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

if les could make a move to get a legit 3rd star on this team (the deal being within reason for both teams), I have no doubt in my mind he would pull the trigger...

the problem is that you can't just go out and buy that player. you have to make a trade that works under the cap and is beneficial to the other team...

unfortunately we just don't have enough desireable pieces outside of t-mac and yao to get a substantial move like that done...

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Stop making jokes kiddo. Ask yourself what the Rockets have to do a trade for a legit 3rd star? A team with 2 stars + 1 role player + 1 backup PG + 11 scrubs.

Oh! we need to make such a trade but we just dont have anything to do it!? LMAO!?

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

David Stern disagrees with you. Sure it would be nice if the Rockets could just hire any free agent they want for whatever amount of money they are asking for, but this isn't MLB. In the NBA there are rules regarding how much you can offer a FA, since the Rox are over the cap, they can only offer the mid-level exception, or around 5M dollars. That is just not going to get you a top flight free agent. That is why people care about what Juwan is making, it both contributes to the Rox being over that cap, and has an effect on for whow you can trade him.

12. forchette49

Yes...

13. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

do you actually read before you post man?...you should think about doing that

I was refering to a poster saying les would be too cheap to bring in needed talent..get a clue

14. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

I am personally a proponent of picking up Dalembert. he has limited game, but it complements yao well.
    I would also be interested in Korver if they are willing to bite.

Both of these moves would be a salary dump for the Sixers and would improve our team depth. We would likely have to part with both Snyder and Head to get the Korver end of things done.

Unfortunately I am unclear on whether or not we would be able to trade Sura as part of a deal. If someone could clear up the strings attached with trading an injured player it would be much appreciated...

Additionally I would not include our pick in any trade unless it is for a legit star. The upside for this draft, and the minimal hit it takes on our cap is too good to pass on.

Dalembert
    Korver

for

Howard
    Sura
    Head
    Snyder

15. forchette49

I love the trade Pete, just not sure it's enough for the Sixers unless we offer a pick and could use Sura as an expiring, we might work something out with him this offseason in terms of a settlement just to give us some much needed cap relief too!

I would start Dalembert at the 4 and have Korver come in for whomever goes out first between Battier and T-Mac...

16. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

it is a pipedream, but that's what offseason trade proposals are all about right? :cool:

17. forchette49

Agreed, I just wish people would actually put together proposals such as this instead of the kneejerk, frustrated "trade Yao, trade T-Mac" stuff that I can assure everybody is just not going to happen this offseason...

18. forchette49

The Nets trade would be interesting, another HUGE win-now move though, not sure if Morey will be going that exact route as much as CD did...

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry but I still think that we are continuing to neglect the main problem we have with our starting Point Guard and that being that Alston is not a Playmaker Point Guard. If we are ever going to let McGrady play his game then we need to have another Playmaker to run the team IMO.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

As far as i an concerned the Win Now Era Is OVER and the Rockets will do the best that they can while developing and adjusting the team each season till they win a championship.