1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets renounce Bull and more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Rockets renounced the rights to Bullard, Sean Colson and Devon Gray tonight as well.

Old School

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I know we can still and actually might resign Bull but I wonder if this latest trade is telling us that Bullard is actually going to play in Charlotte.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Ouch, I guess that means Bullard IS gone! Wow.

4. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

Is there no way to bring Bullard back under the cap now? I could see Bull come back if the Rockets move walt. I'd prefer him to Langhi and Morris is a rookie.

5. Old School

Old School Member

Correct...Bullard will not be back.

Old School

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Old School,

Due to redundancy or Cap? If Cap, he has Bird rights, right?

7. Old School

Old School Member

Cohen,

I don't have any certain reason why he won't be coming back, just that he won't. With Rice and a younger, cheaper, Langhi, I don't think he is needed as much now anyway. I hate to see him leave but that's bid'ness.

Old School

8. mfclark

mfclark Member

Since he got renounced, the Rockets could not use his Bird rights until next season if they re-signed him.

He can come back, but for the minimum. A wink-wink, in effect, something that I don't see likely.