1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets remaining options for the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scolalist, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Signing Samuel Dalembert

Signing Marc Gasol or doing a S&T for him

DeAndre Jordan agreed to the Warriors offer sheet, so he's gone.

Trading Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for a superstar or for youth and picks.

Is there anything else on the rumor front?

2. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Marc Gasol and DeAndre (Clippers are actually matching GS' offer) are too expensive for us.

Dalembert is really the only move.. *sigh*

UNLESS THE TRADE GETS REVIVED AGAIN AND NENE WAITS FOR US AGAIN....yeah.. lol.

3. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Chris Kaman might not be a bad option for C either.

4. Raven

Raven Member

They will overpay Dalembert and try to swap K-Mart for another scorer.

5. pge71188

pge71188 Member

What Now?

What Now? What will the Rockets do now? Trade Kmart? Your thoughts?

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm fine with signing Dalembert..he is a great defender and I'm more than ok with moving Kevin Martin for picks or a good young C or a Gasol S&T

I think Courtney Lee is a much better player overall and Terrence Williams is looking like he's in better shape than anyone on the Rockets. Plus he's already known as a good defender as well and has put up some big scoring games in NJ when he was allowed to play.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yep. Based on everything that has happened recently, I can get behind that.

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Sign Dalembert and try to flip KMart to Portland for Gerald Wallace. We'd be near unwatchable offensively, but the defense would improve dramatically.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about this... If Portland were to agree to this deal, and we amnesty'd Thabeet, I BELIEVE we'd have enough cap space to offer Nene the max (contingent on him actually wanting to come here and play C). A lineup of:

Lowry / Dragic
    Lee
    Crash / Bud
    Scola / PPat
    Nene / Hill

would actually be a significant upgrade over last year in terms of defense and rebounding, would still be able to run, and wouldn't lose a ton of offense. Not a contender, but a solid playoff team. A pipe dream I realize, but sort of intriguing to think about.

#8 dharocks, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  9. King901

King901 Member

I'm actually ok with this. Having Morris watch Wallace would be great.

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

There are several options:

1. Work on a sign and trade with Marc Gasol (I don`t think we can outbid Memphis, but if Marc wants to come here I am sure we can work something out)

2. Go for lottery picks (for example the unprotected Minny pick from the Clippers. I am sure they`d like to someone like Martin or Scola)

3. Try to get young talent like Rubio, Westbrook, Rondo or Kevin Love

4. Try to get Omer Asik

At the end of this season we should have done some move that sets us up for the future - whether it is with young players or draft picks. And I hope this year we play our young guys lots of minutes... time to build this team the right way: through the draft.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

What a minute. Asik. Why dont we trade Martin to the Bulls for Jaokim?

12. LikeMike

Because there is no way the Bulls go for this. We would need to add one of our young guys, and I wouldn`t want to include PPat.

13. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Stand Pat...Develop the young-ins and don't sign Dalembert...Its time to Tank...Trade Martin for Picks...Keep Scola

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Logic OK. Person to trade is wrong. Scola 2 years older. By the time we might be ready to compete, Scola will be way past his prime and would be a really expensive complimentary player at that point.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Here's the option.

Clear cap and sign Nene, then wait to see what materializes on the Dwight trade front.

I just read and article that Orlando is going to ask for both Bynum and Gasol for Dwight. Don't know if it's true but I was thinking they would probably do that. LA is going to have to take back all Orlando's junk. Will Dwight agree to sign there if that's the case. That means basically Dwight, a declining Kobe and whatever they can sign and trade for with their 2012 expirings.

16. H-Town Rockets Guy

We don't have much options left in free agency to get a good center other than overpaying Dalembert. Memphis is keeping Mark Gasol and Clippers is matching whatever offer Deandre Jordan gets. If NJ is getting Dwight Howard, then Nene is going back to Denver in my opinion. I hate to lose Kevin Martin because he is 20 pts/game scorer. If our defense around him gets better, he will be fine. For example we didn't have any shot blockers last year, so as a defender, Martin got exposed. If there a good shot blocking center behind Martin, he will be fine.
    * What other free agents are out there?
    Dalembert, Nene, Jamal Crawford, Arenas, Billups, etc
    The only other way to improve is thru trades.
    *Some suggestions,
    I will trade Scola and picks to Atlanta for Josh Smith, Kevin Martin for Monta Ellis from Goldenstate, Martin for Deng from Chicago, Scola for Marcin Gortrat from Phoenix, Martin to Minnesota for Wesley Johnson, Scola to Utah for Al Jefferson or Millsap, Martin to Minnesota for Anthony Randolph/Rubio etc.

17. LikeMike

Why sign Nene now? We would have to overpay him (if we could even afford him) and he is too old to be in our future. All he would do is make us a little better now: and that means wors draft picks. Don`t sign anyone older than 27 years old.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AFs68mKOasQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Next years free agent class is pretty nice to be needing a big as well.

Howard, Lopez brothers, Osik, Hibbert.

I'd say trade Martin and Scola and let's try and get 3 lottery picks and the Knicks pick heading into next year's draft.

20. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Stand pat and sign Dalembert and be competitive.

9th best team isn't THAT bad!!!