1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Remaing Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WinkFan, Feb 22, 2015.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

With 27 games remaining, I thought it would be interesting to look at the Rockets remaining schedule.

Playoffstatus.com

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernsospg.html

provides a breakdown of schedule based on overall schedule, games already played, and games remaining. It doesn't account for home and away and b2b, just winning %, but it's still a good basic tool. Here are the highlights.

The Rockets have the 6th most difficult schedule overall. That's just part of being in the West, though. The top 15 schedules are all in the West, and the bottom 15 are all in the East.

The Rockets schedule in games already played is the 4th most difficult, and the most difficult of the top 10 west teams. Interestingly, the Warriors have played the easiest schedule in the league.

The Rockets schedule in their remaining games is the 11th most difficult. That sounds bad, but every other west playoff contender has a more difficult schedule, except for the Thunder.

The bottom line is, the Rockets are in good shape down the stretch as far as playoff positioning goes.

4 people like this.
  2. a711

a711 Member

Good thread, thanks for the information

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds Good

Rocket River

4. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

3 or 4 seed is where I want to see the ROX at. Id try to avoid the Thunder or Clippers in the first round if possible.

6. FabsRubio

FabsRubio Member

Just as long as we make the playoffs. We don't have that great of a home court, they're going to have to win games on the road against teams we struggle with. To be the man you got to beat the man.

7. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Hopefully the matchups shake out like this:

(1)GSW vs (8) OKC
    (2)MEM vs (7) SAS
    (3) HOU vs (6) DAL
    (4) POR vs (5) LAC

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well considering we have been GREAT on the ROAD this year, I think the Rockets could do fairly well with or without HCA.

9. joxford

joxford Member

The Warriors have the easiest schedule in the West because they don't have to play themselves.

10. ThaShark316_28

Thinking it goes something like:

GSW #1 vs. OKC #8
    POR #4 vs. SAS #5
    HOU #3 vs. LAC #6
    MEM #2 vs. DAL #7

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Basically you look at the Rockets schedule and they are favored to win about 15 of their remaining 27 games.

You have to think they will win a game or two against the quality teams like the Spurs & Clippers (who they both play twice), and maybe they drop one game or two to a team they really should beat.

Basically I'd be shocked if they end up with less than 50 wins, and finish around the 4th through 6th seed. If they find a way to get to 55 wins I think we all should feel pretty good about this team getting past the first round with that kind of momentum.

What's kind of sad though as a fan is looking at the schedule and pretty much giving the team "assumed losses". Realistically a team that is this talented shouldn't have games that you look at on the schedule and say... "Well... that's a loss"... Sadly enough with this team you have quite a few of those.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A couple teams just seem to have their number .... Most notably the LA Clippers. I cant remember the last time the Rockets beat them.

GSW is another that they have had a hard time with , luckily we don't have to watch that again unless its in the playoffs.

A 4/5 matchup with the Clippers in round one would be the worst possible matchup for the Rockets IMO. Much rather face one of Portland , SA or Dallas.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When someone says "I'd rather face the Spurs in the first round" I think it kind of puts things into perspective about how good the West is and how the Rockets despite their record are definitely not going to be favored by anyone to win in the playoffs regardless of the matchup.

I love this team, but you have to be realistic about them. It will be a SPECIAL moment for this franchise to have them go several rounds in the playoffs much less win it all. Hence Les' statement (taken out of context) about not overreacting to a first round exit.

14. HRox832

HRox832 Member

This. I think Dallas or San Antonio is our best matchup

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , I agree with what Les said .... the West is so strong this year. Only 8 teams make it to the dance and 4 of those get bounced in the first round. It would be disappointing to be one of those 4 that make a first round exit but the competition is so tough , its not an embarrassment to lose a tough series.

Seems like we have been saying this for a decade or more about the West ... and this year its deeper than ever. The #8 seed might have to win 50 to get in , last year Dallas was #8 and won 49 games with Phx only one win shy in 9th.
    OKC has 27 games left and would need to win 20 of them to reach 50 wins. I think they will come up just short.

The 3 thru 6 seeds are separated by one game .... how crazy is that 50+ games into a season.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great thread. Need those Pel's to start losing.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think they are going to fall off now , Anderson hurt and so is Davis. I could see them shutting Davis down for the duration of the season .... No need to risk him further & he needs to get right for the start of next year.

1 person likes this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I would much rather see Dallas/Spurs before Clippers or hell... Portland.

19. elainas

elainas Member

Conference final at minimum, in such order its like a miracle

20. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

LAC in the first round would be worst case scenario