1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, Dec 1, 2020.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

I havent posted here in some time due to my wife and I having a kid and everything that goes along with that. I have never recovered from the 27 consecutive missed 3s in 2018 so it wasnt that hard to only maintain a mild interest. Plus I have never really like Westbrook. Regardless, on to the matter at hand: Rebuilding the Rockets.

It seems pretty evident that they are bringing the band back for at least one more run this season. Signing Boogie and Woods makes that much clear. Its not what I would do but it seems like that is the direction that Stone/TF are taking. Personally, I see no better season to waste by tanking than the one that is upcoming and will surely be impacted by Covid to some degree. Especially when you see the talent that is coming in the '21 and '22 drafts. It just seems like a really good time to go the Celtics route and unload our valuables for picks in what could be epic draft years rather than scratch and claw to be first round fodder or make it past the first round at best.

All that being said, what does the Board think? Should the Rockets run it back or look to the future? If a rebuild is imminent, how do you go about it? This is just a fun exercise and I would think it'd be right up the BBS' alley. Be detailed, be general, be whatever. Go!

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t rebuild when u have little to no control over your picks for many years

try to compete and convince Harden to sign an extension...if we end up having to trade him next offseason, it will be for scraps since he’ll have a lot more leverage and a rebuild will occur by force, but it will be a crappy rebuild due to our picks situation

D-rock likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stopped reading at 27 consecutive missed 3s

dude, too soon. Too soon.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Walk it back

at least Silas may have a positive impact on everything?

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not even a light jog?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.