1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach deal with Scola - 5 years, $47 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 15, 2010.

?

Are you in agreement with the contract (5 years, $47M) the Rockets gave Luis Scola?

1. YES

934 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. NO

102 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luis and Kyle could still be traded for an allstar type player.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It doesnt but it has Johnson and Harris's non guaranteed salaries so I think he balances out. I dont think Morey would get this close to the line without getting under it. Scola's contract could be backloaded for all we know.

3. Htown's2kFinest

my scola autograph jersey with live on my wall forever.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yes sir, Exactly.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great news. Thankgod. Love me LOTS and LOTS of Scola.

6. worzel gummidge

Scola and Lowry's figures are qualifying offer which aren't included in Shamsports total.

Rockets team salary works out to be $65,753,804 with Lowry, minus the non-guaranteed contracts of Johnson and Harris, and not including Scola and Patterson.

7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Good to see, I guessed 5 years/$45 million in another thread, pretty close!

Even though he's already 30, this 5 year deal should be ok for us. Meaning, usually athletic ability begins to decline slowly after 30, but since Scola has more of a crafty, gritty game (instead leaping out of the gym or having a lighting quick first step) he should still be a very effective player into his mid 30s IMO.

8. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Definitely the right move!!! Management puttin their money where their mouth is.

9. mms

mms Member

We have roughly 71-72m on the book. Are we planing to use our MLE and LLE? There will be some serious salary dump before the Feb deadline.

10. Pete the Cheat

whooooo!

this is awesome. lowry and scola embody everything this team stands for in my eyes.

add miller and lets get to work boys. can't wait for halloween...

11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Scola deserves it! But I was actually hoping/expecting it to be a little lower (around 8mil per year), which would give us a little more breathing room. I guess Morey is really confident in this team... heck, actually I am as well. If Yao could stay healthy this is a very well round team with little weaknesses and at least 4 players that could go 35+ points in a game - and all of these players also are great team players without unhealthy egos. This is just a team that is easy to love - but I still feel like we are missing at least one piece to be title contenders (and I´m not talking about a backup center)...

12. vy928

vy928 Member

wow ..way to get it done. i was worried that some team with money to throw around would give scola 12mil+ a year or something

13. lokeej

lokeej Member

Scola's back! Hope he has more 'beast-modes' like last season against the Nets!

14. opticon

opticon Member

I was hoping Morey would step up to the plate and not make Luis hang in the wind much longer.

My wife is going to a very happy women she loves Scola.

Morey just put my wife in the mood and I am a very happy man. :grin:

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/daXvNty0N78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/daXvNty0N78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

In fairness, the New Jersey Nets can make a lot of players rich :)

16. worzel gummidge

Well over those numbers.

17. Pete the Cheat

[​IMG]
    By menegap at 2010-07-15

18. hm70

hm70 Member

Great!!!
    I like him!!!

Scola, Lowry: next Brad Miller???
    Welcome....

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am extremely happy to hear this!

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This tells me that Morey really thinks that Yao is going to return to full health and eventually resume 33mpg and return to his normal averages in points and rebounds. Being "all-in" doesn't make sense unless Les and DM have strong medical information that supports this conclusion.

Also, they must think that KevMartin is going to be special in this offense with Yao.

We'll see. But it's exciting stuff.