1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach deal with Scola - 5 years, $47 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 15, 2010.

?

Are you in agreement with the contract (5 years, $47M) the Rockets gave Luis Scola?

1. YES

934 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. NO

102 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Morey and Les probably could've got him for ~$7 mil/year if they did some heavy negotiating, but I'm glad they gave Scola what he deserved.

2. devilsdandruff

in terms of what.
    they look nothing alike.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I said it when we first got him, he was the best PF that we could realistically get. After watching him play for a few seasons, I feel even better about saying he's the best realistic option at PF for us. Im sooo happy hes getting paid. 9 mil per year is what i had in mind.

4. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Excelente! Scola is an Ironman and Valuable in so many ways (already mentioned by others in this thread). Hopefully he will Improve and Focus more on his Defensive Effort and Skillset as the Rockets now have a more Formidable & Wholesome Offensive Lineup with Yao & Invigorated Teammates :)

Unless Hayes is able to Vastly Improve his O-Fence, or Anderson with his D-Fence and Rebounding, or Hill becoming more B-Ball Intelligent yet Beast Like ;) , I think Miller or an Equivalent Backup C could be the Final Piece...

#284 djperm, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. Asian Sensation

You guys remember Scola's first few NBA games and the earlier stages of his rookie year how uncomfortable and awkward he looked out there. Some even dubbed him "Scrubola" LOL sorry... funny nickname. It's pretty amazing how far he's come with his hard work, dedication and passion. Equally amazing is how far a player like Mcgrady (almost same age) who was on top of the world just a few seasons ago has fallen.

Congrats again Luis!

6. Asian Sensation

More like Haywire from Prison Break

[​IMG]

7. The Hungarian Rocket

Great news. It makes me sooooo happy. :p

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yay! That means they are locked up as Rockets for the best part of their careers! Yea!!!!!!!! :cool: :)

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Great to have you back, Scolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :grin:

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Great news!! Scola is great and just what this team needs. ROXS paid market value for both Lowery and Scola and got great assets. I would have been disappointed to lose either one of these guys, even if we would have landed Bosh.

Seems to me Morey let the market determine Lowery's price and knew Scola was gonna get at least what they offered and knew what price they wanted, Good deal. This is better than being tied down to a max salary, still giving the ROXS flexibility to make more moves, by not losing any assets and not being tied down by the max.

As DD said, "LET'S ROLL!"

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

If you watched what Lowry did every game, he brought more than PPG, APG, FG% would suggest. People like to talk about Shane being Mr. Intangibles, but I see it more with Lowry in turning the tide of a game in our favor.

"I’m happy there," Scola said. "That’s the main thing. I think we have great team. My first team. My only team."

Damn. I'm gonna cry.

12. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Don't forget Mrs. Scola! Hmmm, she looks awfully familiar...

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Great News.

Hardworking Team player in every respect.

He'll start for the next few years and if Hill or Paterson start to bloom he'll be great off the bench.

He's just the type of guy you want mentoring your young players.

14. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I know the knicks are r****ded, but when comparing this to the amare deal, we gotta steal... Scola can rebound, doesn't have bad knees. Makes half what stoudemire is, and is q proven winner.

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Great news, dude is a Rocket through and through.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

she and luis related somehow? :eek:

17. role_50

role_50 Member

This is GREAT! you know what you're gonna get from scola every night and now for the next 5yrs. backup center will be the icing on the cake to a promising season.

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I agree he's worth that much, but not for that long, taking into account his age. However, he hasnt had injury problems like 1/2 of the league in their mid 20s, so I guess it's OK...

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think, depending on Patterson progress this season, we'll see Scola being shopped around with Ariza/Battier and Jeffries near the trade deadline....just a guess.

20. papapnoi

papapnoi Member

The new contracts are not on Sham yet. Those are just the qualifying offers.