1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach deal with Scola - 5 years, $47 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 15, 2010.

?

Are you in agreement with the contract (5 years, $47M) the Rockets gave Luis Scola?

1. YES

934 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. NO

102 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I can think of is how Scola stood up to the Lakers in the playoffs and got under Fishers skin without ever losing his cool :grin: Love the guy and glad he'll be around for years to come !!!!!!

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Awesome! I'll take a Sundae Cone, 2 Ice cream sandwiches, and a Fire Cracker Popsicle.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

Well deserved...

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

So far the best news in offseason. Scola worth it. :grin:

5. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Good news! now lets hope scola and everyone else on the rockets don't get injured

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Scola is a lion and never gives up. He is the heart and soul of the Rockets. Good move.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Yup....even though NJ was interested in him, i dont think Scola had any interest in going to NJ.

I dont think he had any interest in playing for any NBA team other then the Rockets. His personal choice was the Rockets, and then the Euro League. Just by his comments, it seems like he wanted to stay in Houston all along and had no interest in going anywhere else.

8. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted this in the other thread, but nobody responded. In the chronicle article it says that Lowry's contract is 5 years 23.5 million, but it's been reported as 4 years 24 million. Which one is correct?

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It's 4 years 24 million, with the team option for the 4th.

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

You should have photoshopped Derek Fisher's head on the fat white boy.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

According to Feigen, it's 4 years, $23.5M. The fourth season is only partially guaranteed for $1 million.

12. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

13. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

14. skatbone

skatbone Member

For me, this is the bright side of not signing Chris Bosh. As ugly as it looks, Scola is my favorite player to watch and his never-say-die attitude is infectious. I'm in agreement with those that see Scola as a chamber of the heart of this team.

With Bosh, who knows whether Scola would have been a part of the team and how much playing time he would have gotten. In the storm of free agency rumors, I was on edge, waiting to find out if Scola would get moved, knowing I'd be rooting for his new team in addition to the Rockets.

Rileydog, I think injuries exist in that weird space of unpredictability, at worst, and semi-predictability at best. While they might have "strong medical information," I don't think there is much certainty to be provided by a medical expert in this case. In my opinion, Yao is a higher risk than other players given his unprecedented size and the strain he's already put on that foot.

That said, Yao is also a high reward player-healthy, he's capable of superstar performances. I love to see them going all-in. By doing this, they are not allowing themselves to be hamstrung by variables, like possible injury, that are largely unknowable. However, if Yao goes down mid-season, I'm sure I'll feel opposite of how I do now.

Oh, and did I mention...

SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA! SCOLA!

1 person likes this.
  15. pewpew

pewpew Rookie

i like scola, but 5 yrs contract? wth? hes already 30! and he can barely jump now, wut about 3 yrs after?

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

since when does Scola's game rely strictly on hops?

17. Raven

Raven Member

Morey had no choice. It's as simple as that. The contract is less than ten million per, nor is it maximum length. Under the circumstances, it would have been disastrous to not re-sign Luis.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because he doesn't jump so much is the reason why he is so durable and will still be an effective player in his mid 30's. Not so much wear and tear on the legs.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

scola looks like leland from dog bounty hunter

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Scola reminds me of Vince from Entourage
    [​IMG]