1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach deal with Scola - 5 years, $47 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jul 15, 2010.

?

Are you in agreement with the contract (5 years, $47M) the Rockets gave Luis Scola?

1. YES

934 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. NO

102 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

There is nobody in this league more competitive than Scola. In other words, you will NOT FIND a player more competitive than him when it comes to huge pressure games. He is as competitive as ANYONE. If Kobe is competitive...so be Scola....if Deron Williams is competitive....so is Scola.....no one can beat him in spirit!!!

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think it's a million or so too much.

But other than that, I'm glad we have Scola. Such a hard worker and loyal. I'd take that every time.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he took a paycut and risked coming over here and it has paid off. Congrats Scola.

4. worzel gummidge

Every year players go for more than fans or even media predict.

5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Yahoo is saying the final year is only partial.

6. comehere2

comehere2 Member

very very happy. more swing. :grin:

7. AXG

AXG Member

It's slightly more than I expected, but if it means keeping Scola I'm all for it. It's still a better investment than maxing out for Bosh.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Now where have I heard that before?

;)

I totally agree, you will get nearly the same performance out of Scola for a lot less money, leaving the team able to bring in more talent with the difference in pay.

Bosh was soooooooooooooo overated.

DD

#248 DaDakota, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Fair overall if you consider that Scola was GROSSLY underpaid for his production prior to this contract.

Go Ice Cream man!!! :grin:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

next to Yao Chris would be beasting. Overall slightly overrated because he is a 2nd tier star player whose D and heart are questionable.

11. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

5 Championship scoops por favor
    :grin:

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He was probably not a real option for Houston anyway......and honestly, I believe the organization will be far better off because he went to Miami.

From the chronicle article:

In the 29 games after Carl Landry was traded to the Sacramento Kings, Scola averaged 22.2 points and 9 boards.

VIVA SCOLA !!!

Ice cream, for all my friends !

DD

13. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

there not mexican idiot there spaniords pendejo

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course Luis is a better fit because he played all his career in H-town and he is a leader.
    Talentwise I don't know if Chris actually can bring it next to Lebron and Wade. Well, not our problem anymore

15. Rocketfanatic2

Great to know he's gonna be a Rocket next year. I see why some may think it is a tad much, but remember, dude was an absolute beast after the Landry trade. I also think that it is a better investment than Bosh, who isn't the type of workhorse player that this team is made up of(not saying I'd be upset had he chosen us though). Much rather have Scola for just under $10 million per year than Bosh at max. I'm going to enjoy watching him as a Rocket for the next 5 years (granted he doesn't get traded.)

16. koopa

koopa Member

WEll done. Maybe he can get a decent suave haircut this time and feed his family at the same time.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Rileydog, i think scola deserves the contract. In fact, in another thread i thought a team would offer a 4yr 34m contract which would start at 7.5m and reverse it to make the rockets match. Its obvious the threat of losing scola without compensation by going to europe made morey do a contract without matching.

If you follow football and watch how the eagles oprate by getting players under contract with early negotiations, they wind up getting players much cheaper. His production warrants at least 8m and in the end he got 9.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That says it all for me.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Cavs have some adjusted +/- guys working for them, I believe. I know Dan Rosenbaum worked for them, and may still do so.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Damn, I was just about to quote that! Great line by Luis. He's one easy guy to root for.