1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach buyout agreement with John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2022.

1. PeppermintCandy

Outside of the rumor that he would only play if he got a starting spot, Wall has been pretty professional this past season. He stayed relatively quiet even though he was probably frustrated over being left out of Houston's plans. (Of course, getting massively paid no matter what probably helps.)

Now, Wall could have a significant role on the Clippers, a potential contender when healthy. That team seems to be a good fit for him.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in before he gets injured again

Entropy and BamBam like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

[​IMG]

5. Fantasma Negro

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I agree i was never in the 'john wall lucky bc he's getting paid to do nothing " camp.

He wanted to play and was able to play but it was going to cost him $50 million to do so. He willingly made the prudent financial decision but had to make himself miserable in the process.

Just wasn't a good situation for anyone. Like i said next CBA should see if there's a way to terminate these max deals without screwing over the players (some kind of ultra long term stretch/deferred arrangement for players over 30 with injury risk or something)

Pistol Pete and Deckard like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, it might not seem that hard to some of us, guy is getting paid millions.

But he was dealing with what he probably thought was the end of his career and then his mom and grandmother die. I think that would put anyone in a dark place.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's just u feel less for a dude who could wipe his tears with dollar bills or roll around in a bed full of cash.

Was never too salty about wall refusing to buy out. Players need to make a living so it was understandable

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tough to hear, we cannot leave out the human aspect.

Especially with us normals having thought about the way out as well.

#251 daywalker02, Aug 30, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    red5rocket likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He should try working a 9 to 5 and going through those things. It’s called life. These guys are insanely spoiled. It’s annoying to listen to these guys sometimes.

Rockets34Legend and Salvy like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I was in such a dark place

[​IMG]

14. SamFisher

Seriously, people shouldn't live life through their own experience, they should take advice from internet randos about how they should feel about things.

34to11 and topfive like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Some of you idiot posters are spoiled. You're basically just mad he's a millionaire??

34to11 likes this.
  16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

There are people in this world that are struggling real hard with being laid off, can't afford their next meal, living paycheck to paycheck, etc. All those people are thinking about how to end their life on this Earth so they don't have to go through this pain.

I don't want to turn this into D&D, but he should of used some of the millions he has made while not picking up a ball for the best therapy to help him through his "tough time". Hell, if he loved Houston so much, why didn't he donate some of those millions to the homeless or charities?

For someone who is making max money in the NBA, either he's blowing it on crap that doesn't make him happy or some other bullshit. To me, it's all excuses when you can put that money to good use for yourself.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Normals = don't have $ like John Wall to get ourselves the help we need to live a normal life.

John Wall = not a normal and has $ to get out the psychological troubles and suicidal tendencies by getting the best help out there because HE CAN AFFORD IT.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a load of bullsh*t. I watched my own mother die from cancer in a hospital bed. Six months before she was in terrific health for her age. Going through that was pure hell for my family and I, but nothing compared to what she went through. I didn't spend a moment thinking about money. Grownups don't think that way when their loved ones are fighting for their life. They think about what they can do to help, and feel the unbearable nightmare of being helpless to do anything about it. Immature fools like you tap on a keyboard and think they know all about life.

You don't know a damn thing.

Reeko, slothy420, 34to11 and 7 others like this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

John Wall is annoying & self awareness isn’t his strength, it’s not a new take. Hell your favorite team just paid him $40+ million not to play last year and then paid him another 40+ million to go away this year.

Yeah dude has it rough.

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  20. SamFisher

He just gave an interview - at a dedication of a menorial for his dead mother - where he said he was sad in 2019 that his career was derailed bc of injury and then his mother got cancer and died that same year and he got depressed - and you're internet mad at him for not being happy enough in an interview - about his dead mother? lol wut tf is wrong with you if this actually bothers you?

34to11 and DaDakota like this.