1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets reach agreement to sign Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Dec 23, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade Paul for curry now. Everything is fixed.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

@Zoplicone This was the post I was referring to. Specifically the bolded part. Asked for clarification on what on earth it even means, didn't get a response which made sense.

Yeah it's fun trying to imagine what he says is true, but holy hell am I tired of reading free birds after every post, and him acting like he'll tell us some huge truth bomb at a certain point in the future, which never comes.

Zoplicone likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes YOU HATE another player until he is on your team, like P. Bev, let's hope that is the deal with Rivers.

DD

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

by the end of this season he's going to be one of the most beloved rockets, watch! playing this system for him is like a dream. he benefits the most from everybody around him, and everybody around him will benefit from him! not only will he be making open jumpers, he'll be setting ppl up for jumpers. i wouldn't be surprised if he averages at least 30 minutes a game in the playoffs...we need his D.

Deckard and heypartner like this.
  5. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

At this rate, we won't be able to afford him next season.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cleverly disguised Tillman is poor post.

;)

cdxiong likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

TMac'n and Vivi like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

^^^ regarding the remaining amount left to be paid to melo, doesn't the league actually pay $1.5M of his total salary this season?

napalm06 likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let's not forget, when Morey sent Cash with Onuaku to Dallas so Cuban could waive Onuaku with the money Tilman gave him, it was called a brilliant financial management move...due to all the LT Profit it created.

Something tells me if we dip into our Cash Consideration jar again to move Melo, just to avoid luxury tax, and get nothing in return, CFnet won't call that a brilliant financial mgmt move.

We need to save the rest of our Cash Consideration for actual draft day assets...not LT savings. And, ideally, we actually get something for Melo back...and the Rights to a 36yr old retired Euroleague player doesn't count.

Easy likes this.
  10. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I'm too immature for sentences like this.

bmelo, TheRedRanger, Patience and 2 others like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Trade melo and sign Willy Reid a big who can rebound and run the floor.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Granville

Granville Member

I think Rivers will be a functional rotation player when we are at full strength.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I love the signing but its only been one game...but dude and shoot and defend. Something we needed and got. Lets hope he can be really valuable.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So if we have to pay to get rid of Melo's tax money, the minimum signing wasn't as "low risk" as we believed? If Morey does that kind of trade with Melo, he must be sure that nobody will pick him up if we just waive him.

15. heypartner

Fwiw: BimaThug predicts we will do that Cash trade to remove MCW, not Melo, while Nahmad (another noted capologist) demonstrates how it works with Melo. I don’t think we’ll have enough cash to do both, but I’m not sure how the calculation of what counts against each teams’ books works.

Maybe Nahmad is just referencing Melo for the masses, but would agree with Bima about MCW, if he followed the Rockets more.

xaos and Easy like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we gonna blow our entire 2019 draft wad on nanu, mcw, and melo. even an 8yr old could have advised the front office not to sign these bums in the first place

Hustle Town and napalm06 like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Depends on if we believed that "low risk" meant zero risk? It's not exactly wrecking the locker room or putting Tilman into financial trouble, after all.

Ever since we ISO'd Melo, I've had a feeling we'd never be able to pull off a trade. Regardless of Melo's value (or lack thereof), the Rockets have no leverage. Teams can just wait for him to hit the market.

18. heypartner

Not only might we trade away 2019 picks to rid more of the Ryno legacy contracts, but Tilman might make Morey use up all the Cash Considerations available for buying picks, to rid tax from MCW and/or Melo.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I think it is likely that he will because we are discussing a decent chunk of money when you consider that we may take on a longer contract in a trade.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah that's what i meant actually, wad was referencing our cash to use and not the picks. we might have to give up both anyways :X