1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Overplayed as well. needs to be benched a few games.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he will be trade filler. only sizable contract they have that could be coupled with tjones etc.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

His play improved in the second half tonight . Hopefully this is that start of some positive trend .

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully he can get it going at some point soon, I thought we overpaid a bit for him last summer and I feel stronger about that now.

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

No need to stress too much but yes he has not given good minutes to start the season

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Shockingly bad so far. I'd give KJ his minutes. Much more upside and can't possibly play worse.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It's not so much that his play has been bad... It's his DUMB @$$ decisions...

T_Man

9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Relax people. He's playing bad now but when he's good he's a great spar. Give him some time.

10. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

When he resigns for 3 year 24 mil deal, we were all thinking wow what a steal.....

As it happens now, hes way overpaid.... hes only good at his relentless attack on the fastbreak and gambling on the passing lane. His jumpshots thrash ugh he regressed so much from last year fluke as a 3 point threat.
    Well it seems everybody team have figured it out somehow now.

I know i might be flamed by this, i think milkhair kept playing out of favor due to his connection in the timberpup days but ugh i think why now mcdaniels a chance at this point, what could go wrong when brewer keep laying bricks and eggs.

I cringe everytime our bench enters the game, here i thought we are 2-3 deep at every position... I guess thats why you play the game rather than on paper eh?

Even our Leslie been noticing Milkhair patterns by now and ordering his Ultimatum.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a bit of an overpay at the time, now it's looking like one of the worst contracts of all time.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I agree. Smoove should have been the priority over Brewer. We screwed up on this one. Luckily, we should be able to flip him at the deadline for something of use.

Hopefully.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL "Everyone" but Smith got paid. How the **** did that happen?

Beverley got paid.
    Brewer got paid.
    McDaniels got paid.

Herp derp sorry Josh. We can't pay you and have no role for you.

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

blame mchale, it was probably mcfail who forced morey to resign him

15. Classic

Classic Member

isn't thornton's deal for only like 900k?

yikes

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

"You got us to the WCF, you are an elite defender and a point forward. Sorry, we are going to pay everyone else but you, pack your bags." - Morey

I like Morey and he is a good GM but he screwed the pooch on this one. Say what you want about Smith, yes he was erratic and inconsistent, but he always brought two things consistently:

* Effort
    * Defense/above average rebounding

Neither of which we have right now outside of D12.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Brewer looks awful . However, brew is a complimentary piece and he needs the correct situation to be at his best . Our defense not being able to get stops or rebounds is killing Brew ( yes I know he bears some fault in this ). If we could reliably get some stops and boards or even force some TO's when he's on the floor then he is a fast break demon and elite finisher at high speed . His shooting will always be streaky .

The rockets problems lie in how we are playing as a team right now . Sure several individuals need to pick up their games cough cough Lawson , but it doesn't matter who the statistical production comes from , it matters where it comes from ( i.e. Which element of the game )

We've got to shore up our defense , we've got to move the ball around better on offense . These guys are playing out of control and not within their role . Sure some of that was to be expected when you try to integrate a PG , but it theoretically isn't that difficult. If this keeps up Beverley needs to start because he at least has an idea of how to play with James . Dmo coming back will help . But the "problem" can't be attributed to a single player or to a coach for that matter . The coach could give the perfect advice and set the perfect rotation and it comes down to players playin and executing .

The team as a whole needs to bring a new energy to the mental side of the game and focus . Sure play instinctively but be aware of your teammates . To me I'm not worried since you don't win chips in November. Sure seeding is a concern , but I still think we have the depth and potential talent to beat anyone given we play well . We do need to start building this culture soon . The leaders on the team need to instill this and lead . It's on mchale , James , Dwight , terry , and the rest of the staff to lead by example and bring 110% focus , even if they **** up acknowledge it and move on . Ariza , bev , and brew , and Dmo ( once he gets back ) bring back that workmanlike approach to the game and make the game hell for the other team . Lawson and thorton need to grow a giant pair or golden nuts and make explosive plays and catch fire from time to time .

We can do this . But it's got to start soon , I'm not a psychologist but I only hope the team doesn't get too far up their own heads and panic .

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ok, calm down.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Great job of overpaying this scrub instead of offering the money to Josh Smith. Thanks Maury.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

How dare you criticize DM the wizard GM? In Maury we trust!