1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Re-Assign Terrence Jones to Rio Grande Valley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Im going to assume fatback is white. He is coming back to Houston...doesnt mean he is joining the rockets

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who's Terrence Jones?

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Who knows who this guy's game will end up like in the NBA.

4. larry cook

larry cook Member

can we see the guy on the floor again before you throw him back in the dumpster, talking about a Morale Killer:confused:

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

The kid's been injured and needs some playing time to get his wind back. With the dleague playoffs coming up, he could get some minutes in meaningful (albeit dleague) games.

6. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

I think Morey's trying to showcase T-Rob a little bit for potential trades in the off-season. I feel sorry for any team that gives up anything of value for T-Rob. He's just not very good.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that people say this and then often are the same people who advocate for the Rockets going after Josh Smith, a guy with basically the same skill set.

8. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

They're the complete opposite. Josh Smith is one of the best post-up players in the league. He passes, shoots, defends, drives, and doesn't have the overrated athleticism T-Rob has. They have nothing in common. Zero. The only problem with Josh Smith is attitude.

9. CertifiedTroll

I guess they want TJ to get some "play off" experience?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No they aren't. Josh Smith is a terrible shooter who doesn't have a post game at all. Both Smith and Robinson are face up type of players who rely on athleticism. Both are good defenders even though Smith's defensive game is a lot more developed because he's been in the league longer. Thomas Robinson is a rookie version of Smith who hasn't developed the bad habit of volume shooting or bad attitude that Smith has.

11. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

LOL. I'm gonna stop right there. You do not watch basketball or just don't know what you're watching.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL fine, stop right there. If you don't know that Josh Smith is a face up/volume shooting style player rather than a post player then there is no need to continue this conversation.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

This sounds logical to me... following TJones on FB he is not being negative about it.. thank god, a team can only handle one drama king :)

14. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

No stopped at the fact that you don't know basketball. Period.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'm completely fine with you thinking that.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I wonder why Jones is not allow any minutes in the Rockets. I thought he's one of the best rookies coming in. Motie was not getting minutes as well and then all of sudden, he's a starter lol. What a joke. I think something ain't right about the Rockets approach to coaching. I think the kid can play and just not getting minutes.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

clutch, was there any truth to the report at the trade deadline that morey was offering jones for a 1st round pick?

18. fattz

fattz Member

Jonesie is the answer to a lot of the front court issues. All the kid needs is some playing time (10-15 mins a night / Delfino PF playing time). This is so wrong IF White gets to even set on the bench as a ROCKET. Just wrong.

Thought
    Maybe Jonesie asked to go back down for the play-offs and some more playing time. Maybe he feels RGV is his team. If so he is a better person than most and we have something special.

19. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

you have no idea what you're talking about.

20. onreego

onreego Member

Josh Smith is actually an elite inside scorer. His percentages inside compare with some of the best. However, his problem is he makes bad decisions and shoots too many jumpers. If you can decrease his jump shots and have him post up and run the break you'd be pretty set. That said, I still would not give him the max or anything near that.