1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket's pushing Hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, May 24, 2004.

1. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Rockets pushing hard

[​IMG]

Waiting for CD's big spash!

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think you meant "tango." :)

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the only main concerns with tmac are his back, will he sign with us, and just how much can you give up for him. i assume if he gets traded here the second concern is taken care of. i think you almost just have to ignore the first if you get the chance to get a player the caliber of tmac.

as for the 3rd, just how much is too much. while getting a superstar for multiple players almost usually always works out, a team of yao, tmac, and 3 guys who play like me isn't gonna cut it. i've seen steve and cuttino involved in several scenarios mentioned on here. ok, that's nice, but who are our guards now? we already only have two guards who can play and if we trade them both we've either got tmac or jj at the 2 and a guy who will need to carry an oxygen tank around the court running the point. you better have a good plan to fill that void if you make the trade. even if you pick up a point, you still have no backups, which has been a problem for 5 years now, and one which few seem to care about while they whine about steve and cat.

if you then throw in a big like cato or something, then you're super thin up front. we only play 3 guys at the pf and center spots as it is.

so while you're breaking the bank for tmac, you better be filling at least the frontcourt or backcourt whole in the trade and you better have a good plan to fill the other.

tmac is one of the few guys who really makes trading steve worthwhile because he's obviously amazingly good and he's still superyoung. lock up yao and tmac on your team and you're thinking deep playoff runs for the foreseeable future. so while you should do whatever it takes to get him, there are still some worries.

oh, and anyone who thinks grant hill will come here and magically heal is kidding themselves.

4. daNasty

daNasty Member

LOL! You're right. We wouldn';t want Yao and TMac to TANGLE.;)

5. max14

max14 Member

The real injury prone guys are Brand and Allen, Tyson Chandler etc. The real attitude problem guys are Sheed, Dampier, Swift etc

Having Macgrady has the least risk.

Tell you what, even we can have KG there would still be people saying it's not worth it, too expensive etc. The only single person nobody will complain is TD, right money, right skill and just right on about everything.

6. daNasty

daNasty Member

Finding a decent PG wont be too hard. Wouldnt it be something IF Hill recover to play somehow?

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I think the magic will be banking on Hill opting out at the end of next season like Tmac threatened to do. Both of them have identical contracts and can opt out at the end of their 5th season. Hill would be leaving alot of money behind, but HIll is known as one of the "good guys" in the nba and I wouldnt be surprised if Hill did opt out to give the magic a break.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Retiring would have given Magic a break, and he did not. Why might he do something altruistic at this time?

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

wouldn't it be something if i was taking time out from an all night sex orgy with britney spears, jennifer love hewitt, and tyra banks to make this post?

of course, i'm not.

jennifer couldn't make it.

10. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

i dont see hill walking away form all that money....its to much

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

my thoughts too

But the Rockets have been known to buy folx out

Rocket River

12. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Because Hill still thinks he can come back and play. And while Tmac was still on the team there was still hope they could win together, but once tmac is shipped off Hill will have no reason other to play, except for money which is probably not a priority for him this late in his career. He could easily get another good contract if he comes back and play well. I could be wrong and he could stay and force the magic to pay him millions or buy his huge contract out.

13. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

A question, since I haven't seen it mentioned:

Is T-Mac a JVG guy? He can hit the outside shot, he can score from anywhere, but he freely admits himself that the area he lacks the most is defense. That is what our coach predicates his gameplan on. Granted, he could pull a Steve and improve in the defensive area, but I have to wonder about T-Mac's attitude then. He whined about the zone and how it was deterring his game. Well then, Tracy, adjust. Under JVG, will he be willing to adjust?

Don't get me wrong, seeing T-Mac in Rocket red would be...near-heart-attack inducing for me. Like the most non-sexual wet dream come true. Still, these questions have been bothering me and I didn't see anyone address them.

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Why is any of this important? Whether they keep the current team or they trade for T-Mac, they're not going anywhere next year either way. I feel like a broken record. Why is everyone so concerned about who our point guard will be or who our 3rd string power forward will be? We're putting together a 10 year window of opportunity here. These should not be reasons to not trade for a guy who just came off a season in which he averaged 32ppg, 6rpg, and 5apg at age 23.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If Rox court him and TMac comes to Rox court then one assumes he and JVG believe him to be a good fit.

TMac showing up for training camp would be good enough for me.

16. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Does it even matter which way Amare chooses to score? Jump shots or dunks, it's the same and he gets it done. Just look at Shaq, has he ever developed a jump shot? But Shaq is still as a dominant of a player that he is. Plus, last time I checked Amare shot .713 from the freethrow line this year, which is actually better than most players in the league.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im betting none of the other west teams are wanting yao and tmac to team up.

:D :cool: :) ;)

18. sup123

sup123 Member

just expressing my opinion.

19. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

yeah... i just don't want TMac and Duncan to team up.

Shaq and Amare in the same sentence... huh? :confused:

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

even if it's wrong :p