1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket's pushing Hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, May 24, 2004.

1. Glish21

Glish21 Member

We have one thing none of these other teams...Yao Ming

As long as we have Yao, we will be an attractive to free agents. Its the same deal that Lakeshow has with Shaqdaddy. He makes his teammates better by commanding the respect of the other team just by his size.

2. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i would take Amare over both Gooden and Howard any day and everyday.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

just get it done.

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

If orlando wanted Amara then Tmac would never give Phoneix a long term commitment since the reason he choose Phoenix is because of Amare. Out of the 4 teams he choose all 4 have a solid low post presence with Amare being the weakest one. He wants to play with a big man and phoenix trades it away then tmac doesnt want to go there.

Other thing his destination has in common is that they are all warm weather cities....

5. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

How many more years are on Hill's contract? I'd be willing to take that hit in order to get mcgrady, and our trade exception will probably make it possible to pull off.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Is there any way we can get that pic of T-Mac in a Rocket's uni circulating the internet?

On the Rocket's espn team page, the caption under the photo says, "Can you see McGrady in Rocket's colors next season?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=hou

7. sup123

sup123 Member

since this thead has talk about amare, ill add that i think he is garbage and overated. He cant hit a jumper to save his life. He relys all on athleticism.

8. gucci888

I really don't like Amare either, but the guy has A LOT of talent. He has the strength and the mentality to be a dominant player. Don't forget that Malone came into the league w/ absolutely no shot at all, and he worked to have one of the most consistent jumpers in the league. I hate Karla Malone, but he is a good comparison for Amare.

Developing a jump shot and more offense is easier than developing the right attitude.

9. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I know this is not going to be a popular reply, but I would rather have Francis than T Mac in the Rockets. Francis was a scorer befor JVG came to Houston and he had to do big adjustments, now imagine T Mac and the adjustments he would have to make.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This would be a risky move, considering McGrady's injury problems. But I'd probably take a chance.

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Rockets must pull the trigger on this one.

Tracy Mcgrady is a superstar, and no matter how you spin it, the team thats ends up with a superstar after giving up multiple players always ends up the winner.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Unlike Francis, however, McGrady doesn't require a constantly open lane to be an effective scorer. He didn't penetrate nearly as much this year as he has in previous years, yet he still led the league in scoring. Tracy's jumper is much more reliable than Steve's.

13. New Jack

New Jack Member

Francis’ adjustment would be bigger then any adjustment Mcgrady would have to make. Steve had to adjust from being the number one option to deferring to Yao and getting his teammates involved. Mcgrady wouldn’t have to do that. His job is not to defer. It’s to be the primary scorer for the team.

14. Raven

Raven Member

TM is taller, younger, and a better outside shooter than SF, but how healthy is he.

That's never been discused in any detail.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

only Deal I would do that involves SF

Rocket River

16. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Do u guys think that Amare can co-exist with T-Mac? There were reports stating that Marbury was trade because Amare AND HIS MOTHER didnt like him. They think the ball was on marbury's hand too much time and it prevented Amare from further development. And there were reports that Amare doesnt like too much to pass. If amare can't co-exist with Marbury, how can he co-exist with T-mac, who left Toronto because he wanted to be "the man"?

17. gucci888

Then it raises another question: Who's team is it? Who is the number one option? Sort of the same questions with SF and Yao.

Don't get me wrong, I am still all for T-Mac, but the question of who's team is it still won't be answered.

18. daNasty

daNasty Member

EASY! It's Yao and TMac team. It takes two to tangle. We need a one two punch every night and its either Yao or TMac is going to lead the team most of the time. I was never satisfy with Stevie since he is small and inconsistent night in and night out.

With Yao and TMac, the rest should be HARD nose players to support the leading cast.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

different roles. no way JVG puts lid on TMac.

20. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

come on CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLZ
    T-MAC + YAO
    :eek: