1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pursuing Marc Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 11, 2011.

?

Do you think signing Marc Gasol to 4-years, $55M is a good deal for the Rockets?

1. Yes

583 vote(s)
    93.0%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

**** gets boring and something always comes up. sighhhhhhhhh cmonnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Trackball

Trackball Member

I just want some finality already.

Marc, make your choice. We'd love to have you here, but it is your decision.

3. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

The Grizzlies are expected to match the four-year, $55 million offer sheet that Marc Gasol has agreed to with the Rockets. Gasol is a restricted free agent and Memphis would have three days to match.

wish they had a hour to match =( well at least marc agreed to us? he might wanna come here...but gotta wait for memphis to see what they do first right? either way i think marc is goin to sign it i have a feeling cause he know rockets got good history YAO ming brought alot of attention over here...thanks to him

4. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Actually it isn't his choice... He'll have no choice if Memphis matches our offer to Marc Gasol. :rolleyes:

5. cujo

cujo Member

isn't it the grizzlies' decision? I heard they gonna match the offer

6. Happii

Happii Member

Why are people talking about a trade? It was reported that Houston offered a max contract to Gasol.

7. Trackball

Trackball Member

Wait, so if they match, then he'll be FORCED to take it? I don't understand.

8. xAliceInChains

Ah, but it is his choice. All he has to do is say hey guys I don't want to play here long term then they obviously would think its better to get all the value they can in a s&t

Now, I know they can match and keep him, I'm just saying if he doesn't want to stay, they would have no point in keeping.

9. cujo

cujo Member

That makes sense. They could sign him then do a sign and trade possibly

10. cujo

cujo Member

my bad...match then do a trade with Rox?

11. Dei

Dei Member

I don't understand how MEM could trade him. He's definitely a center for the future and their best center. If they trade him, they'll be looking for a center.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I doubt they do, at least not for any package Morey would consider reasonable. The only reason I could envision them trading him would be if he told them he would sign the qualifying offer and depart after next year if they didn't.

13. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Looks like we are out.
    Done and done.
    Move on and get a high lotto pick next year.

14. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Just sign Dalembert already or NENE...because this isn't going to work out...Memphis goin to do what it takes....already said it.

15. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

Not Gonna happen Guys, stop worrying about it until it happens then we can celebrate till then it's looking bad again. so yeah...either sign Nene,Dalembert only Center out there or a Good Free Agent left. DeAndre we can match but Doubt it.

16. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

I thought it's up to him to stay or not? if he tells them he's goin to leave then they have no choice hopefully he say something like that.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

dude, seriously, quit posting the same thing over and over

someone *might* take it as post padding, which isn't appreciated here

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

We CAN'T sign Nene as our situation currently stands. We'd have to create cap space.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dream on Dream on

20. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

great job houston, this is a good deal. Marc is more bigger and much younger player. Me Like It.