1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Private Jet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

sooo..

do they leave MCO in about 7 minutes or what?

2. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Good Answer, however the airplane is not owned by Les, and this airline has about 100-250 Employees with 2 727's and a Global Express 600. Les must be getting extremely good rates with the airplane as we are continually using it. I know for a fact that we actually use a 4 man crew on this airplane. The Capt. F.O, Flight Engineer and RO (relief officer) Part 135 carriers have a 7 day 30 hour rule. With this seasons schedule the R.O Will Be Needed. Our Pratt and Whitneys have been modified with more fuel efficient engines and we have added hush kits in order to control Fuel Flow. Sure Cuban can Charter his 767-200. The plane is Used for his personal use as well. The 767 was primarily used for Cuban to Charter to other people as well. The type of 767 he uses is the 200 (only about 9 years older then our plane). I know that we Used Delta for the China Games with a lay over in ANC. I know Les is looking into getting a 757-200W or 737-900 E.R.
    Hiring In Experienced Pilots? Lol we wear shirts that say "Will Fly For Food" Over 500 Pilots from Each Major Airline are still waiting a Re Call from being Furglouhed. These guys are flying for peanuts, yet at the end of the day its not Les paying the, but the company who is getting money from the services provided to Les.

3. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They left at 10:08 PM.

4. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Creepy but I love it. Nice find.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You an A&P or a Pilot? If your talking hush kits you have more than the avarage joes knowledge.

BTW, the 757-200 is a great plane, I just would not go with the Pratts because the engines over vibe all the time and you will eventially have to do a pylon mod to repair the cracks. Rolls are better engines but they over problems with overheating and burning the pylons so not exactly perfect either, but still superior to the Pratts.

I hope for the teams sake they go for the 737-900ER. Its a true next generation jet and the CFM engines are the best in the industry.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

fixing to touch down.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this thread is fascinating, informative, and in a modern technological age, not creepy at all. everything is available to the public now, if someone can google the info then it wasn't that huge of a secret to begin with.

thanks again for the link and the info on how these types of procedures work.

8. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Im a Pilot, 1750 Total Time, 600 M.E Time Used to fly for the Big Boys based in Houston. Les has irritated Continental(United) by having them as a sponsor but not using them as forms of transportation. I know the Company offered Les a Modified 739ER and a 757-200 (with RR Powerplants). The only issue at the moment is Moving this aircraft to Hobby.All the companies maintenance and crew are based in IAH so it will either be more expensive to contract a third party company or even just hire 20 people and base them in Hobby.(The rockets will not fly out of IAH)

1 person likes this.
  9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why won't the rockets fly out of IAH?

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Why not?

I know Continental used to have flights in Hobby, but pulled out many years ago. It's all Southwest now.

11. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Comparing Both Airports and Departure Times, Using Hobby would be a lot quicker to get out of. IAH tends to have 14-20 Aircraft waiting for Takeoff+ your Aircraft Landing. Being 15 in Line is about a 25-35 Minute Wait at least using the FAA's Minimum Separation Rules. Southwest is the only airline at Hobby so it reduces congestion leaving airspace and arriving into airspace. Also I know that Using IAH's Private Terminal is Actually Costly compared to going through Hobby's security gates and walking up to the plane. To add to that The distance to IAH is about Double and 33 Minutes. HOU is 10 Miles and 18 Minutes. Just Travelling to HOU and avoiding IAH's Delays saves the team 34 hours in this 66 Game Season. This is not including the Gas Money on the Bus, the Fee for using IAH's Private Terminal and services.

1 person likes this.
  12. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

I thought CAL/UAL has a B Check hangar out at HOU? I could be mistaken though :eek:

13. acjeitherocket

14. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

The FAA overturned a ruling for blocking tails. You have to have a legitimate reason now. Most tail numbers are now available for tracking. Just have to know what your looking for.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This will be useful when they clinch the division :)

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm not showing up at the airport when they clinch a spot in the playoffs.

I'll show up if they make it to the Western Conference Finals...

17. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

18. Roxs-Redemption

19. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

The Flight plan has been submitted for LAX, They Are Scheduled to leave in 30 Minutes, but they usually leave 20-40 minutes late. Im Guessing once we get to L.A well head straight to the Gym for Practice Followed by Practice Tomorrow. This should be a good day as we dont loose too much time flying. (We are flying into Pacific Time). Also if you notice the 727 was Ferried from IAH-HOU for a 7 Minute Flight!
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N104HR

1 person likes this.
  20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Hopefully Morey drops them off then makes a small trip to Sacramento and comes back with a big (7ft) new years present! :)