1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Private Jet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Know Your Role

Needs an Old School Logo on the tail.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Do they have to go through security?

3. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

If you're the one responsible, thank you for finally shutting down her show. My daughter drove me crazy watching that stuff.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They really need to get a better plane. A 727 just ain't gonna cut it.

5. OpportunityCost

[​IMG]

6. houseofglass21

I really don't see what is "creepy" about. It's interesting and cool.

7. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

The Plane is operated by Paradigm Air. Whenever the plane isnt used by the Houston Rockets, it is used for transporting golfers,jockeys etc. from city to city. The latest Retrofit on the airplane has been Wi-Fi. The Plane used to be registered to a Canadian Airline, and used to have a Maple Leaf Logo in the Back. Yes the Plane is Old, but its cheaper and more efficient to carry all your gear with this plane then chartering a 320/737 with an airline. Im surprised Flightaware has this plane listed, i know 2 years ago the "owner" had blocked public tracking. I know John Travolta Blocked his tracking after his son died. MJ's plane N236MJ is rarely published on flightaware.

8. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Yes,each player must bring there I.D with them, even though its Part 135 Flight Regulations (Corporate/On Demand Flying).

9. blink52y

blink52y Member

I keep hearing about these indians stalking Yao. Whats that all about?

10. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

They do have a 727. They overhauled a few of these from a graveyard and move 3-4 teams in em. Used to help in planning these flights.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Merry Xmas rocketsgirl00!!

12. HPD

HPD Member

Rep....

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is too much.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

3hr plus bus drive or 30min flight, sometimes the teams/coaches wants to get more things done before going on the road, flying gives them more time

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That narrow body aircraft is anything but efficient, a work horse yes, efficient no. It has 3 very old tech gas guzling Pratt & Whitney JT8D engines. They are reliable but very inefficient by today's standards. That aircraft also uses a 3 man cockpit which of course would be more expensive than the standard 2 man cockpit used in today's aircraft unless you are hiring inexperienced pilots that will fly for cheep.

By Comparison, the Mavs fly a wide body 767 aircraft with tons more room on the interior. It uses to fuel efficient rolls Royce high bypass engines. The interior is retrofitted for with seats designed for NBA players along with gaming consols, flat screen tv's and a buffet table to name a few items. The aircraft also uses a much more efficient and modern 2 man cockpit.

Im pretty certain that no NBA teams have used airlines in a very long time. The Pistond are the first team I remember having their own team jer. Even back in the 90s before Cuban bought the team the Mavs had their own MD-80 painted in team colors.

With all the time NBA players spend on an airplane through out a season it seams like the jet they fly on could be a selling point in trying to attract free agents. I know Cuban always has the absolute best for his players. He is the first owner that I know put court side seats designed for tall people on the Mavs bench, but not for the visiting team. Gaming consols in all the lockers, private masseuses for the players, only stays in the very best 5 star hotels.

I don't know if the Rockets do all these things for their own players but by judging from the an ancient Boeing 727 I would be very skeptical. I knew Cuban was one of (if not the first) the first owners to start using amenities to attract free agents and just assumed all owners had fallen in line with this concept. Maybe not.

16. makman

makman Member

So who's the biggest creep on clutchfans that would be hanging on to the landing gear?

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

this aircraft was especially designed to fit Yao Ming. Now that he's gone, they need a smaller plane. ;)

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

You know mj has a dirty hitler stache.

19. jae713

jae713 Member

20. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

who wants to track a bunch of nobodies?