1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets Preview from Sporting News (Blinebury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThePrivate, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

It bugs me how everyone always says Luther is a point. He rarely plays point because of his handles. Even 2k8 has him as a point guard.

2. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

I guess it's because of he has a point guard body, without the ball handling skill. But he does know how to shoot so they let him play SG. But he must be the worst SG in % conversion around the basket. Everytime he drives, I always go "oh no, here's another block shot/turn over coming".

3. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

i wonder why? maybe because van gundy tried to have him spot rafer when mcgrady and battier were playing in the same lineup together. duh.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I remember one point in the season last year he was 37% on 2 pointers and almost 50% on 3's. It evened out by the end of the season w/ 43% on 2 and 44% on 3.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Um, Sefko wrote the Choke City and Clutch City articles.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't liked him since he picked the Lakers over the Rockets before the '86 playoffs even began. Basically said the Rocks were roadkill and never owned up to having his head stuck so far up his rear he couldn't find the Montrose with a map. After the Rockets made the Lakers their b****, Blinebury was their biggest fan... a little late, Fran.

7. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

You know that Sefko don't make those kind of titles, only Blinebury does.

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

More than that I hope Dream affected his personality. We had a flash of what I want to see from Yao in the game where he said "you can't stop me!" THAT'S WHAT I WANT.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you know, Sefko wrote for the Houston Post when he wrote the Choke City and Clutch City articles. Blinebury was with the Chronicle.

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Sefko worked for the Chronicle with Blinebury. Now he works for the Dallas Morning News. Robert Falkoff was the beat writer for the Post back then.

11. zong

zong Member

It is unacceptable, Rox had the 2-0 lead, then lost the game 7 after Dream visited the lock room during the half time, and Dream and Les were sitting together, ready to stand up, rather than stand down. It was a painful.

"It's unacceptable," Yao said in the aftermath of the most recent playoff setback. "