1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Players Playing Overseas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spankie, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Spankie

Spankie Member

So how are our boyz Leunen and Llul going?? i can't access the Euroleague site for some reason so i can't check some stats and highlights etc. :confused:

when are the roockets planning to eever bring them over?

Do we have any other international players as well?? :p:p

2. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Leuenen does not play in Euroleague. He won't play there until next year, which will be his first Euroleague season.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only player worth following is Llul. Basically he can come over and be a backup to Lowry at this point. But with the imminent lockout and having Dragic under contract, there is no point this year. But it may be possible next year if Lowry and/or Dragic is gone.

I think Morey likes Llul a lot, other players not so much.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

They are both very gassy and they spend most of the day farting.

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Not true in the least. Eliyahu and Newley are also very good players.

6. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

What happen to Bradley Newley. I was thinking he got enough talent to play in the NBA just curios about.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sorry, but after the V-Span and David Andersen showing. It's pretty hard to put that much trust in a Euroleague player to do anything to that magnitude (K-Low's backup? LOL). Bench warmers at best.

Only player overseas worth mentioning at this point is probably Enes Kanter and Ricky Rubio.
    Kanter is going to go too far high-up and Rubio is with Kahn.

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Kanter would not log minutes in the Euroleague. Rubio might in best case scenario be in the top 150 players in Europe.....when he is playing at his best.

If that is the standard the NBA has for Euroleague players, then the NBA is like the 5th best league in the world. Kanter and Rubio are scrub level at Euroleague level.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you really think that about Kanter, OHMSS, then you rate the international players in this draft. Tell us where you think Valanciunas, Kanter, Motiejunas, Vesely, Biyombo et al should be drafted. If they should even be drafted.

10. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

What do you mean "if I really think that"? Kanter is a high school player that is in development. If he was playing in Euroleague this season, he would not have logged hardly any PT in the Euroleague at all.

Rubio absolutely sucks. He is easily one of the worst point guards in the Euroleague.

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Lull is a very good player from all I've heard and read... My brother-in-law is an avid Spanish League Basketball fan, and he says that Lull is NBA ready - He is more of a shooting guard though, but he can handle the point guard duties just fine. Apparently he has developed quite well in European Basketball, this might be a very very good player for the Rockets as soon as next season.

But I think that if Lowry or Martin were traded (for a marquee player), I think the Rockets have talent to fill in the Roster. Drogic I think could step in and be a starter. I also think that Courtney Lee could step in and be a starter. And as much as I've heard about Lull, I think he'd be more than capable of backing up either one or both of those positions.

12. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

So, he would have played a lot?

13. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Llull is a pure shooting guard. I don;t think he even knows what the word pass means. Llull is a really, really good at scoring, but he is really, really bad at defense.

He's a very talented player, but his defense is just awful.

14. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

If you call 5 minutes a game, every 3 or 4 games a lot, then yes.