1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets PG to be solved soon (CLARIFIED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Jul 8, 2004.

1. sup123

sup123 Member

maybe we have a trade in place to get our pg. Who knows.

2. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

sigh.... I am glad they are being patient... its just everyone is so excited its hard not to be impatient... I've gotta admit I am impatient too... we gotta remember... there is still trade season to wait through.

3. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

one more down, man... doesn't look good for the Rockets

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1838662&type=story

Monday, July 12, 2004
    Minnesota regarded as first choice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Point guard Troy Hudson was close to an agreement to re-sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.

"We've made some progress," agent Bill Neff said. "I think we're pretty close."

Hudson opted out of the final year of his contract and became a free agent on July 1. Though a severely sprained ankle kept him out of the playoffs and limited him to 29 games last season, the Timberwolves want to bring him back to spell All-Star Sam Cassell.

Free agents aren't allowed to sign with NBA teams until Wednesday. Though a thin market for point guards makes him more expensive, Hudson has said his first choice is Minnesota.

"From Day One, we've always preferred them," Neff said.

Timberwolves officials were unavailable for comment on Monday.

4. sup123

sup123 Member

i still think we will most likely see Charlie Ward in a rockets uniform.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I wonder if there is something already either done or close to being finalized that will fill a hole on our team. Look at the whole Antonio Daniels proposed trade. It completely came out of nowhere when it was announced that Barry had signed with the Spurs. CD and the Rockets organization have been known for keeping things under wraps, this may be the case since they are not allowed to announce a trade till Wednesday anyway.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

oh brilliant, lets get a guy who couldn't even surpass Jason Hart in the spurs playoff rotation.

7. sup123

sup123 Member

touche...not my choice, its just highly likely.

8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Somehow I have a feeling that we are going to be surprised at the point guard we end up with. Not sure why I feel that way, but I just do.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I think not. I HOPE NOT!!!

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And her i was thinking all the free agents were beating down the door just to come and play with T-MAC an YAO? :( ...

11. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Well all the FAs are seeing the crazy money being handed out like candy this off season, and got distracted from the Rockets door.

12. mikelowery

mikelowery Member

lets go ahead and bring scottie brooks off the coaching bench that should clear up our point guard problems ;)

13. funksoultrader

What's Matt Maloney doing these days?

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

actually it was only 2...

David Stern says, triple-double: DENIED
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1781342

but he is a nice choice (although he is listed as a 2 guard)

16. sup123

sup123 Member

another day gone by, not point guard and another center off the market (doleac).

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Well, as of Wednesday morning, July 14th, <a href="http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7496507">CBS Sportsline says</a> that Fisher hasn't decided between the Lakers and Houston.

"Consequently, that left Lakers free-agent superstar Kobe Bryant still contemplating whether to remain in the purple and gold, or take a little less money to go across the hall in Staples Center and play for the Los Angeles Clippers. <b>His pal Derek Fisher still had yet to determine whether he would stick with the Lakers too, or head to Houston as the perfect new point guard with the new big boys on the block starring Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady for the Rockets."</b>

18. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I am beginning to wonder if all this alleged July 14th "free agent activity" ESPN has been promising for 2 weeks is being held up because of Kobe