1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets partying before games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sherlock, Apr 7, 2003.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Everyone parties, but its when and how the manage it that seperates the good from the great players...

As a leader, Stevie should be all over the azz to straighten up...

Before a game, come on...:rolleyes:

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Hey, David Wells parties before games, or at least drinks, and he does just fine ;)

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Come on, man. Rudy kicked that problem years ago.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

These are very serious personal allegations. Do you have proof? "Hearsay" is inadmissable in a court of law. :D

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Players party, Get over it, if you made millions, and could have guilt free sex with women in other cities who unless they are pyscho, you may never see again, you would too. How do you think Magic contracted HIV. He has five rings, do you think he wasn't partying? I used to get mad when I saw these guys at clubs, but its stupid, they're young, rich, and a lot are single, so what do you expect.

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I am not debating the morality of partying, addiction, or adrenaline. I have been confused as to why the Rockets play badly on the road, lose large leads, don't get up for lesser teams, lose close games, don't trust their teammates, and are able to beat any team one night, and noone the next.

I <b>do</b> question the wisdom of partying the night before a game, and if some of the players ARE, and others battling addiction issues, then it could be an explaination for their erratic play. You have to know what the problem is, before you can fix it.

7. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

They are human.....Just because they are professional athletes does not mean they can't live a life outside of basketball.

:rolleyes:

8. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

yeah....they are human also.... but they are professional players..... of course they can party, but to the extend that it won't affect their performance.... though is this partying thing really what cause them to play badly on the road? any real evidence?

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Professionals who are multi-million dollar investments should be a little more careful than the average joe, don't you think?

10. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Actually no, the owners should be more careful if they wanna screen the players before they are drafted or signed.

Owners do not care they just wanna win like all of us do.

If you had 4 guys on a team who smoked pot but won rings for their organization do you really think people would care?

Trophys and championship banners would put that all behind 4 pot smokers on a winning team.

11. GATER

Please name an NBA championship with 4 starters who are potheads.

Lakers? Kobe, Fischer, Fox, Madsen, Medvedenko, S. Walker? Nope.

Spurs? Then - Duncan, Robinson, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson. Now - Willis, Parker, Steve Smith, Manu? Nope.

Mid 90's Rox? Dream, Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Cassell? I doubt it.

Bulls? MJ, Pippen, Ho Grant, BJ Armstrong, Will Perdue, Ron Harper? I doubt it.

Current Kings? - Vlade, Peja, "Cub Scout" Bibby, Christie, Hedo? Nope.

Current Mavs? Nowitski, Nash, Raja Bell, LaFrentz, Bradley, Najera? Nope.

Current Pistons? Rip, Wallace, Barry, Okur, Cliff Robinson, Billups, Atkins? I doubt it.

By any chance, you see a trend here?

12. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

I agree with your premise 100% Gater, but how can you tell us with a straight face that you know for sure all of those guys you mentioned have never done dope?

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Especially, Nowitsky and Nash. I wouldn't be surprised if those two long haired hippies have ever lit up a couple of blunts.

14. GATER

HoRockets -

I can't.

But have you ever heard the expression "Where there's smoke, there's fire"? I just have a feeling that the vast majority of players I listed do most of their "smokin' " on the courts instead of in them! ;)

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Mark Cuban would never let them do anything wrong. For all I know, Cuban must hang with them after and before games too. I doubt that an owner would allow such a thing.

16. verse

verse Contributing Member

let's see:

Samaki Walker: yes.

Tim Duncan: not confirmed, but heard rumors

MJ: yes.

Bibby: believe it or not, bibby's a wannabe thug. i don't know about him, but it would not surprise me.

Keon Clark: you forgot about him...and the answer is "yes".

Cliff Robinson: yes.

17. verse

oh, and for the spurs...

add antonio daniels to the "yes" group.

18. verse

btw, these "yes" people are not restricted to just weed usage. there's some X and nose candy mixed in there, too...

it happens...

19. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Well I don't think this is what you call parting but I was at the movies on Saturday with some friends and when we were coming out of our movie it was like 11:30 P.M. and Eddie was just arriving to the movies with some little asian gurl! (Just some inside info! which I have to say she is short!!!!:eek: i'm 5'1 1/2 and she was like nose hieght to me!) but anyways the Rockets had a game the next day (Magic) and Eddie was walkin in BARELY! Thats how I got his autograph on April 5! which was a nice B- Day present since my B-day was on the 6 th! So I guess he do be goin out!:rolleyes: