1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta tells final hours of Paul, Westbrook deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DING, DING, DING, DING.

Assets (opportunity to acquire assets) just throw away to penny pinch. Just damning when you have Harden in his prime and the clock is ticking.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. With Patrick waiting in the wings, boy is the future looking pretty grim

napalm06 likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People here have claimed that Harden wanted Paul gone. Seems more like it was Fertitta, especially due to this:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/report-rockets-owner-tilman-fertitta-has-griped-about-chris-paul’s-contract-in-front-of-rival-execu.299526/

As a data analyst in my actual career and as a passionate Rockets fan, I love Paul's game and what he did for this team. I trade him for Westbrook (especially with 2 first rounders) 0/10 times. I stay with those two guys and use assets to build the front court (House/Tucker's spots. Maybe even Capela's.)

That OKC game was such a groin kick as a fan, watching him with those silky midrange run-killer shots, and stepping in to smooth open threes. UGH.

#83 napalm06, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    LFE171, harold bingo and YOLO like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Read this post from @Nook. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...s-westbrook-trade.302653/page-4#post-12777202

foggy94, napalm06 and Nook like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nook, Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody who still is defending Tilman is just in denial at this point

kjayp likes this.
  7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Oh my ****ing god I forgot we had Melton!

He’s playing amazing on both ends this year! Killing in all advanced stats.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So glad they threw away Melton and a 1st round pick for that Luxury Tax savings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nook and apollo33 like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Correction . Replace nothing with LTS

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

They guy just wont stfu - and every time he opens his mouth he sounds like an idiot...

Reading between the lines... he's bragging that he was the guy that pulled the trigger - while Morey was probably working at trying to trim the outgoing assets...

...smh...

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree about the other cost cutting moves - but dumping first round picks when you’re capped out for an aging guy relying on athleticism isn’t usually going to be a long term win. I am still hopeful for the Russ move to pan out, but the other moves - shedding salary foolishly to duck the tax, making up reasons for it (avoiding the repeater tax when that wasn’t even a risk), and being in no position to make a move to put you over the top - terrible management, and almost entirely due to bad ownership. You hate to see it.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Houston sports fans have been in this position before with the Astros (the waning years of the Killer B’s) and it was ugly as heck

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anyone still attacking tilman is a hypocrite because they would never throw more of their own money at the poker game they know is rigged and were robbed in the 2 previous rounds

15. MystikArkitect

I think they're just Fertitta burners.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Cp3 was signed before he bought the team fool.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly fool. that's why he sat and watched in the 17-18 season what morey built. A 60 win team that nearly took out a dynasty. then the 18-19 season when he had a full season under his control, he introduced everyone to LTS and showed everyone how you can have one of the worst offseason's in history. now were in 19-20 LTS part 2, and you think this is the first year with full control. nah FOOL lmfao

Nook likes this.
  18. JackLordsHair66

Tilman is a POS as an owner but he saves money that is all you need to know about this thread... **** this guy I think my days of caring once Harden is gone are limited