1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Magic, which team is better positioned moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 10, 2012.

?

Rockets or Magic, which team is better postition moving forward?

1. Houston Rockets

486 vote(s)
    97.0%
  2. Orlando Magic

15 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wow, looking at what Orlando got. That is garbage not even worth getting pissed or ranting. Res ipso liquotor.

2. rocketseagles07

afflalo isn't a "very good player", and theres no question its us. I've always wondered why the kept jameer as well. I still hope everyone stops acting like morey is god around here, but I know the obsession won't stop....

3. zzpot

zzpot Member

It does not matter

4. ejarts

ejarts Member

magic got garbage and more garbage. a team without direction.lol they're like sacramento kings now.

5. jvu

jvu Member

I like how u put Terrence morris haha

1 person likes this.
  6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Naah Asik and Lin's contracts are fair value. Lin's salary is that of an above average starting NBA pg and Asik's contract is fair for a 7 footer defensive center. Asik's per 36 numbers are mad impressive.

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Lin and Asik's contracts are reasonable. I certainly don't think they were grossly overpaid. I do question letting Dragic go, but Lin is a baller who may help attract talent to Houston because of greater access to Asian markets. Plus, I believe Jeremy is going to be a hard worker who will be continuously trying to improve his skillset - high character guy.

Lin's contract has a greater element of risk in my opinion, because of the relatively small sample size. But I still think it's reasonable.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think there is an element of risk in every contract that is far greater than sample size or lack thereof, (injury, bad fit). Look at Asik he has a two game sample size as a starter. I think because the Rockets were high on him before he broke out, I think just his play in NY confirmed that there fears were unwarranted. I am less worried about sample size and more interested in other things.

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

Asik has bigger sample size and still is just a 3/5 player. That looks like a even bigger risk.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Just curious as to why you wouldn't trade Dallas' pick for all 4 of those other picks?

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Because the Dallas pick is top 20 protected until 2017 when it becomes unprotected. With the decline of Dirk and with Cuban unable to land another all-star player, I don't see Dallas as a top 10 team. They were not a top 10 team last season. Therefor, I think we have a good chance of getting their unprotected pick in 2017.

In 2017 there is a good chance that the Mavs will be bad and the pick could very well be a lottery pick. We know that all of the picks acquired by Orlando are going to be in the last few picks of the first round. I think 1 lottery pick is more valuable than 3 late 1st round picks.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why is the #15 pick in this year's draft, Moe Harkless, garbage? Yet the #16 and #18 are high potential rookies?

btw: The future Laker's pick will come after Kobe, Nash retire and when Gasol is getting up there. Much like our plan that the pick Dallas owes us will be when they suck, Magic fans are thinking now that the Lakers pick could easily be when they are around a middle rounder.

Logic is different when it is not about us.

People here are ripping the Magic in ways they wouldn't if it were our assets.

1 person likes this.
  13. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

For some odd reason I really do think Stern will help the Magic some way or another

14. crash5179

Who said Moe Harkless is garbage? He is a high upside player but the sum of Orlando's gain for Dwight is Afflalo and Harkless unless Orlando has some very lucky drafting. And unless you think LAL will not resign Howard in the off season they will still be good after Kobe and Nash and at the very least better than Dallas unless Dallas can get another superstar.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

certainly, you didn't. but everyone else seems to be calling him garbage.

didn't mean for my post to be refuting yours. I guess since it came after yours, it might have appeared that way. I should have clarified. cheers! And thx for your objective breakdown of both teams earlier...which i already repped :)

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

You can't ask a question like this on a Rockets forum.

17. crash5179

No worries. Thanks

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Who are the 6? Reveal yourself lol

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yep. Magic will win #1 and have a brighter future than us after this season.

20. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

The Bobcats are in a better position than both. They will have another top 3 pick this year to add to Kemba and Kidd-Gilchrist. They can take Noel, Muhammad or Zeller and have a young top 3 and a clear path to build around.