1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets option for a Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Jul 6, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

He isnt a FA, and I'm sure he would be hard to pry form IND. They did get Tyler Hansbourgh in the draft.

2. GMNot

GMNot Member

Other teams have had to play without a "true center". It's not the end of the world. Getting a big body just to have a big body is not wise. Unless he is feeling pressure from Les, I don't think Morey will make that mistake.

3. Stilldream'n34

Marc Gasol-Grizzles
    Sean Williams-Nets

4. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Troy Murphy sounds good and I think he can be had. But we would have go give up some nice pieces, tried this in the trade checker and it worked, not sure if Indy would do it, but from Houston it looks good:

Battier, Scola, Cook and Lowry

for

Troy Murphy, TJ Ford (read they were looking to trade him) and Brandon Rush. (and maybe a 2010 lotto protected first rounder)

Rockets get a younger replacment in Rush, get a good Hometown PG, and a Center/PF.

Indiana gets great defeander, a post up player, a back up/starting PG and shed some salary. With the addition of Scola and Battier, they can move up in the rankings in the East.

5. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

people shut up, we do not need any aging people, our whole current team is young, and that is why we need zaza, that is our best young choice, he can play backup and will play for years to come.

6. Spanish_Rox_Fan

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agree and if the Spurs get Davis or Mcdyess then I think this will happen.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

No to Troy Murphy. I'd like him if we weren't in the process of rebuilding. I'd rather try and find someone with 5 or less years experience.

Are there any centers in this past draft that we could potentially trade for?

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Bogut would be perfect for this team, good defender, great passer for a big, can bang in the post and shoot the midrange.

Get it done Morey :(

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Aaron Gray please.
    Thank you.

11. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

It's roughly impossible to sign a legit center at a very cheap prize that will keep our total salary below the luxury tax, then the best idea is resorting to a trade. T-Mac's contract is obviously an ideal trading asset that we should make good use of, probably his contract will draw great interest from the hornets who are trying to remove Chandler's contract.

But Chandler's incompetence in offense makes him less valuable that his contract speaks, Chuck Hayes can also do a good work at defensive end and he only earns roughly 3m every year from his team. Besides, to match T-Mac's salary, the Hornets will also drop in some other bad contracts like Peja's which has 2 years remaining.

12. Convictedstupid

ARRGHHHHHHHH

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I would love to get Bogut...he is a perfect fit in our offense. TMAC, Cook and Barry for Redd and Bogut would make my offseason and the Bucks will have about 25 million off the books next year. The question will be do they think free agents would want to go there next summer if so they might be interested!

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm sure Charles Jones is available as well.

15. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Because other teams have wing players who can create and score.

Look at the conference finals.

Lakers- Bynum and Gasol
    Magics- DH
    Cleveland - Z
    Nuggets- Nene

undersized Pf/center won't get you far.

16. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Also meant to say this teams had perimeter players who can create and score.

We have neither

17. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I think you need to understand how to rebuild a team without so many darn injury prone players. I mean seriously Tyson Chandler??!?!?!?!?!?! wow.

this team is injury prone enough why make things worst than what they are now.

We have our center already. Joey Dorsey.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

WOW! The rebounding and 3pt shooting make him the perfect complimentary player to Yao Ming for '11-12. He's like the Bill Gates version of Novak.

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I love how guys on here are in love with stats and automatically think if they are on this team they are going to put up the same numbers considering its going to be a different system. Also Troy Murphy's contract is going to put us through hell.

If guys are only going to look at stats to determine what players to have on their fantasy Rockets team why not go after David Lee. Idk im just saying. At least he is better than Murphy.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Center We Can Believe in:

[​IMG]

RASHO NESTEROVIC!!!!!!