1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets only 5.5 gms back from play-in !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Don't laugh, we can make the playin and here's why.

1.we have had THE WORST schedule of all the teams so far. Just 2 of our opponents have been below 45% winning percentage. We are 2-0 against them. So far we've had only 8 home games and 13 road. It will balance out on On Dec 15, that is when our opponents get significantly easier the rest of season ,not to mention alot more home games. I think we can easily inch toward a 45% winning percentage by the end of year. A 45% winning percentage makes the playin imo

2.the playin teams right now are coming apart. There are three teams at the playin now and two of them we can catch imo. The mavs WITH Luka just lost to basically the worse team in the league the pistons without cade. The wolves just lost KAT to injury for two months and I just dont see how they don't go on a losing streak. The blazers = garbage. They just lost 3 in a row and that's the team of the 3 I think we can pass.

3. Our rookies and even green seem to be getting better week by week. Silas seems to be starting sengun finally and I'm throwing out the 2 Denver games because of altitude and being gassed.

diehardrockets and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Lol

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Another one of these delusional threads. This team is lucky to win 2 games in a month. gtfoh with this nonsense. Casuals really need to stop blaming the schedule. The rockets are one of the worst teams in the league. of course the schedule is going to come off as difficult cause everyone is literally better than them. It's common sense. No it's not going to balance out. A game only gets closer to winnable when they play the likes of SA/Orl/Det/Okc. newsflash that's not the majority of the schedule

You just called the blazers garbage and they literally beat the rockets without Dame a month ago LOL. He has played in only half their games and they're still at .500. He's returning this weekend. Rockets are no where near passing that team

[​IMG]

Rockets are in Wembyland not play-in. Wake up

#3 YOLO, Dec 2, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    JayGoogle likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[Calm Down]

Os Trigonum, Aruba77 and xaos like this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t just be throwing out random games to suit an agenda and try to make the team look better…U gonna throw out games for all the other teams as well?

Rockets got their sh*t rocked in Denver

Jamal Murray literally had his 2 highest scoring games of the year against us

if Portland is garbage, then we are flushed feces

the Mavs with Luka lost to Detroit, yet the Mavs without Luka shot 30% from the field (31-102), and still beat us by 9

The play-in teams are coming apart, yet this place been in full meltdown mode the past week so what does that say about us?

edit - we beat Dallas by 9, my mistake

we’ve beaten 2 decent teams…Atlanta and Utah

#6 Reeko, Dec 2, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    Dobbizzle and YOLO like this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The 'worst schedule' thing is getting out of hand. It is not why we are bad. There are 4 teams below .40 other than the rockets and only 1 of them is in the west. Yes, we'll have easier schedule, but still we'll most of the time play teams that are much better than us.

The main problem is defense. This team has literally no defense. We should be talking about that.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Schedule has been tough no denying that. Team may back into some more wins along the way, but it is too apparent that the inexperience and dumb rookie mistakes will continue to be a problem.

Wemby here we come!!

[​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh I think there is an actual legitimate point about our schedule being ****ed.

I'm not saying our record is deceiving enough that we will be a play in team but I think our record is deceiving enough due to our schedule at this team. Probably might be at 30 team.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah there isn't. the worst team in the league is going to seemingly have a terrible schedule bc everyone is just better than you

funny thing is you see dallas/port on the schedule as an example and neither teams had dame/luka playing the rockets still loss. the schedule excuse is nothing more than a lame cope out

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

there is a little bit of merit to the schedule, but none of these fringe playoff teams or teams in the play-in would be ranked 27th on offense, 28th on defense, and have the 3rd worst net rating if they had our current schedule to date

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We beat Dallas didn't we?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh whoops. lost track of all the losses piling up

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We can have the easiest schedule in the world but as long as Silas is the coach we aren't winning. This team plays soo selfish. Everyone is just trying to get theirs. It's soo annoying to watch. We need a stronger coach who isn't afraid to hold players accountable. This team plays like dudes at LA fitness. Haven't gotten the ball in a while so im just gonna jack up a terrible shot cuz it's my turn.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets wouldn't be winning with any other coach either. not with this extreme youth and inexperience

Corrosion likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

I disagree. The few losing teams we've played, we won. I definitely think it is making our situation look way worse.

We'll come back to this in 2 months and see I guess.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Theres a difference between losing competitively and learning good habits vs losing and learning bad habits. We aren't building anything right. Just running dudes out there. At this ratewe gonna suck next year too and we don't even have picks.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can disagree all you want. doesn't change anything. the rockets are one of the worst teams clearly and thinking this was a play in team was laughable from day 1. they're in wembyland and will be lucky to even reach winning 20 games

19. fchowd0311

Lol that's one extreme. I think 25-30 is very reasonable considering the lightening up of the schedule next month and the fact that young teams usually do better in the second half.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

So with Pop who's regarded as one of the top coaches ever qualify has losing competitively and learning these good habits