1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one on one practice video on 12/7, including Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Dec 8, 2009.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

For people saying he looked horrible.

When other people say he looks good, its the way he's moving, cutting, and things like that... Because last season he didnt move nearly as nice

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Rockets Practice: Where Amazing Happens

Brian Cook is a dominant bigman and Tracy McGrady can't make a layup :grin: :grin: :grin:

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We don't need a guy who looks good for someone who just went through microfracture. We have plenty of wing players who don't have gimpy knees. I thought the point was for him to bring something to the court that the others can't?

How low does the bar go for this guy? Of course he looks better than last season because he actually rehabbed and didn't get fat this summer. If he isn't 06-07 McGrady or better then he doesn't deserve to crack the rotation.

The video was really short so it's impossible to see exactly where he is but based on what Ariza and Battier have said about him (he isn't the Tmac of old) and this video (where he appeared to be quite upset that he couldn't get a bucket) I would say he if he has a shot of regaining his "Tmacness" it won't be any time soon. The quotes and a little bits of video we have say there are more things missing in his game right now than timing. If he can't make layups or get around post players off the dribble he has more work to do that just shaking off rust or getting into a rhythm.

4. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

No he probably was tired after the regular practice, and it's suprising that after all that practice he can
    still move that fast. Yeah, i believe he will do very good when he gets back on the court. i think that won't
    take long...and that calf sleeve just makes you feel he's really going to be back to his old form. I believe in him...

5. Dream Shake 81

that's cool man, i was just saying... he didn't look horrible. Once he shakes off the rust he will bring everything to the court that others cant.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Landry is everyone's daddy

Oh and tmac looked horrible.

7. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

This is just practice! They're not going hard at all. T-mac was really quick and looked good on defense.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I can't believe folks are dying for this Tmac to get out on the court...he looks sluggish and bored. I hope we trade him so he can get some PT on a team and show everyone why Adelman doesn't want to play him.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

then why doesn't adelman play brian cook from looking at that clip? he must be a bad coach then ;)

10. cujo

cujo Member

Amazing....how people can draw conclusions from that video. It's just proof he is still practicing with his teamates that's about it. And for guy coming off injury , he looks fine.

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

you guys r to worried about his shots going in when you should be focusing on his body movement. I was encouraged by his defense. he seemed to be moving well. again this is only post up moves, and i dont think i have ever seen mcgrady back down defenders consistently in the low post. So thats not an issue, and neither is his shots not going in. thats on the rusty category. the least of our worries. its about getting his quickness back and being pain free, and being able to move around like he use too, and i saw glimpses of that..

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That's my point. He looks ok and even looks quite good for someone who just had microfracture 9 months ago. My problem is all the noise he has made in the media and all the noise his fans have made on this forum about him not already playing when even his biggest supporters have to add things like "he looks good for just having microfracture" while commenting on this video.

If the guy was as ready to play as he keeps saying he is he would be killing people in practice. It's not just the video footage that says he is unable to do that it's the quotes from the players guarding him in practice.

I guess my point is that there is a huge, huge difference between looking good for just having major knee surgery and being ready to come back and contribute night in and night out.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The fact that Brian Cook isn't coming off microfracture knee surgery and still isn't 100% (even though some people on this board refuse to believe that), might have something to do with it. Tmac doesn't look like Tmac, not there anyways, but what do I know...it's clear Tmac has ZERO chance he'll be played...right?

14. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

being ready to play doesnt mean you wont be rusty when coming back..

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yup. finally we have evidence that tmac isn't ready. before, we have "supposed" insider crap from every different angle so it was hard to determine what's what.

movement-wise, he's ready to go. no pain/problems moving laterally/posting up against bigger guys... finishing/rusty, he still has a long ways to go. and i guess that's the part that is keeping him from playing. hopefully it gets better and better with every practice.

16. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

WELL F THE FREAKIN ROCKETS THEY MAKE ME SICK

17. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Tmac looked pathetic on offense. To those saying he looked good on defense, just wait until he has to "run" up and down the court.

18. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

PLEASE. i have read enough comments from Mcgrady bashers on this forum, the reason why you see so many t-mac supporters is because they have to argue with t-mac bashers like you. You state your facts but you also get personal with it. We do listen to you and thats y we respond.

19. Notorious_Flava

great post t-mac looks sharp he's ready to go

20. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

wouldnt you think that would apply to his offensive game as well. if he has more court to work with, i think he would have more options on the offensive side. Again judging by this short video, stop focusing on whether the shots go in or not. he will still be rusty, but focus on whether he has gained some of his explosivness back, see where his quickness is at. thats the hardest thing to gain back from micro surgery.