1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one on one practice video on 12/7, including Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Mac doesn't look too good.

Cook owning everyone.

Landry looking like Kobe with all those flashy moves.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Its hard to make a concrete assessment from this short video but...:

While His jab steps, defense,fakes and post moves looked okay, but it is easy to see that McGrady just isn't getting the necessary lift to finish the good looks his fakes create.

This is solid evidence to me that he clearly isn't ready, and while its nice for him to want to get on the court and contribute I think Adelman and Morey are right to protect T-mac from himself.

*Landry was in Beast mode as usual

** LOL @ Cook looking like a force.

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know if you can read too much from this. Cook and Landry looked like the only ones really trying to make their baskets. The wings looked more like they were trying to just focus on the move, trying to get in position to score, actually finishing was an after thought. I'd like to see how Mcgrady looks trying to create space from further out because that was his problem the past couple years. He didn't have the quickness to get around guys on the perimeter.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Landry looks AMAZING in the low post.

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Man, after seeing that, I totally and completely reverse my position on Tracy. We absolutely need to bring him back ASAP, so he can be our "closer"!! I mean, who wouldn't want that guy taking the most important shots. His shot looks so good, his body looks so ready, he's just amazing and inspiring to watch. He's clearly ready. He's clearly just being blackballed. He's the best basketball player on the team, certainly. He's all this team has been missing. I mean, did you see that amazing arsenal of moves on display? He looks ready to own fools and dunk on the whole NBA, just like when he was in Orlando. Hell, just give us the title already! There's no point in even playing the rest of the season!

Hell yeah Tmac!!! Free Tmac!!! Quit sabotaging our rockets, you dumb coach and organization, by holding him back.

Free Tmac!!!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

this post is win all the way. :grin:

8. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Wow, already bashing on T-Mac in this thread. Just stop who puts effort in a practice anyway other than Brian Cook. After one video of practicing all you people assume T-Mac can't play, no elevation on his shot, can't finish and be our go to guy. After that one practice it shocks me how people can judge so quickly, would you rather have the ball in Ariza's or T-Mac's hand during close games and normally in game. He sure is better than most of what we have other than Landry, Scola, AB, and Lowry who put in 100% of effort in every single game. Tracy McGrady is still a Houston Rocket, we have to support any people on this Rockets team no matter of their skill and what they lack. He's still a Rocket and we support any Rocket on this team till the day they leave.

9. number22

number22 Member

No actually Brian Cook looked like a monster for the brief 5 minutes of the video. He is obviously being black balled. Free Brian Cook should be the position. :cool:

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to judge anything from this. But T-mac did look good on D and had quicknes s- positive signs.

11. number22

number22 Member

Fixed

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont know where you guys are getting that tracy looked good out there

he looked bad IMO

he missed two layups (werent they both being defended by Brian Cook?)

had a hard time backing down chase in the post and was off bad on his jumpers

sure he looked a bit quick out there on D and knock a ball loose but once again that was Brian Cook he knocked the ball away from, not like a Brandon Roy or someone.

he could have probably dunked those layups but there was no lift, he still needs to rehab before seeing the court imo

I dont know why people are still doubting the coach when he says he isnt ready and hasnt looked like it in practice

13. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

maybe you just learned that he still plays like crap, but some of us knew that already.

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

if you are referring to my post, it was about as tongue in cheek as you can get. he looks awful, as usual.

15. kops630

kops630 Rookie

due to i finish watching, tmac digged nothing defened by landry.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

His quickness was there, which is important.

Whats the point of dunking on someone in practice? Piss off your teamates? The point is, there are positives to be seen in that video.

17. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

No, he's rusty and still trying to find his shot. I'm not a TOF but, he's still a Rocket and we just have to see what he can do than just from a quick practice caught on video. I'm pretty sure he'll do better on the court playing a real game if he ever gets too. Oh yeah,

200TH POST!

18. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

putting things into perspective, this is what I expected to see from t-mac coming back from major surgery. Actually its better than I thought.
    If you told me after his surgery he would be doing what he's doing in that video in early December, I would take that. He's getting there..

oh and he looked really pissed when he missed that last shot lol

19. number22

number22 Member

Good point, although bud dunked on battier. I don't see how people make a snap judgment after 5 mins of 1on1 video. this was not the whole
    practice.

Tracy had some quickness and some lift on his jumper. But he couldn't buy a bucket or a lay-up. Let's see how he's doing running up and down the court, stopping and cutting. Passing, etc. I think getting his offensive rhythm back we'll take the longest.

on the other Brian Cook looked like Hakeem reincarnate. By some's people logic he should be starting. why are they freezing him out again? Free Brian Cook!!!!!!

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Mac looked like he's still trying to find his shooting rhythm and missed a bunch of shots, but he did look good in terms of not being limited physically. The quick first step is definitely there, the lateral movement is there. I don't know if we can read too much into this video though -- the effects of conditioning might also be a factor. The players were taking turns sitting down around the basket after a couple of reps, which seemed to indicate they had been at it for a while and were a bit gassed.

There was a funny sequence in which Mac missed a turnaround shot, cussed aloud in frustration. Then immediately afterward Chase got the ball and proceeded to dunk all over Battier's pedigree, eliciting a reaction from everyone else in the gym.