1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one on one practice video on 12/7, including Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Tracy looks as good as Brian Cook, Shane Battier and Chase Budinger.

2. number22

number22 Member

He didn't fake an injury, he's saying he never rehabbed properly after the knee scope.

I on the other believe it's a mix. he was still injured and they knew he needed microfracture surgery.

3. cuddie

cuddie Member

Not like he cried in '07 or anything.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. Hball

Hball Member

He's back :grin:

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

The 2nd video of practice footage is better. The audio is good, and you actually get a better view of the guys in practice. Which seems like they all really get along. Tmac is laughing and looked pretty good. Granted it would be unfair to make a judgement good or bad from a 1 min practice video. But even so, his foot speed looked pretty good. Elevation fair enough on the dunk.

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

In addition I noticed that everytime Mac has the ball, Trevor stops what he is doing and watches.

8. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

I think T-Mac still doesn't trust his left knee, he always jump with his right leg. It's not a big sample to judge only on these 2 videos, but this is what I see.

9. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

He was probably thinking "what's that thing Tracy's doing where he throws the ball at the ground repeatedly?"

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Amazingly placed anti-climax

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Everybody should see this video, it's really good, he's moving solid. Not 2004 like McGrady, but as long as he gets around 07 form, he'll be fine.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yea he did look like crap last year and oh by the way I saw him last season gimping around in a game and still throw up a triple double.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Chase dunked on Battier. Bad blood? Nah, just friendly competition. Okay, maybe Chase thinks Battier's defense is a bit overrated. That or he really wants some of Battier's minutes.

14. 1individual

1individual Member

LOL. +1

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's what people don't get. despite LIMPING every game last year, whenever he felt "good" after those long rests, he played pretty damn good. and again, he did so LIMPING.

in those videos, no more limping. no more slowness like a turtle. he has that quick burst. he can make those moves (for his turnaround) with little hesitation.

the only thing i saw that he lacks is his finishing ability around the rim (which should come with trusting his knee more). and you can only trust it more if you do it in real games. i think that's why tracy is itching to play b/c he wants to regain that as fast as possible.

16. t_mac1

that's what i'm trying to say. everything up to the final move is still not there (that trust with that knee). he drove by hayes, but didn't dunk HARD although he could have.

it'll come with time. he looks 10x better than last year already movement-wise. i'll give him another 2-3 weeks.

17. t_mac1

he still has a long ways to go. he looks much better than last year, but i think adelman is holding him out until he looks more like an all-star. he simply has to finish his moves.

18. number22

number22 Member

yeah i think adelman doesn't want to have mcgrady play his way back to form. he wants him to regain as much of his form as possible. so when he does come back he'll have a significant role.

just enough time to showcase himself before the trade deadline.

19. Francis 4 ever

grain of salt: he was blowing by cook and hayes, not perimeter players

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

He looks better but not ready. He got past Brian Cook barely and finished off balance maybe he got fouled. I recall when he was playing hurt he had a hard time finishing. There are 2 things that needs to happen for me say Mcgrady is ready. Being able to finish around the hoop in traffic and even getting fouled and not necessarily dunking the ball and being able to play defense. His jumpshot is natural and will come over time.