1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one on one practice video on 12/7, including Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Dec 8, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he couldn't finish his layups, yes. but he got around all those guys with ease. the finishing around the rim is he discouraging part of the video.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thanks for the info!

Now I know why every other word was an expletive in the video.. He needs to calm down and be patient.. Hes not going to be great so soon after such a major surgery.. Unfortunately I think his psyche is out of whack again. I think we are going to get more reports of him doing or saying silly things again...

3. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

yep because you dont have to work hard to train with tim grover. T-mac still has a few good years left in him. Nobody is taking pity on him. Its not like he is getting what he wants anyway. if you got to see what you wanted to see in the video, i am sure he would be playing right now...

4. TurboGlennbo

TurboGlennbo Member

you T-Mac lovers just never cease to amaze. Just when I think you might finally run out of excuses defending this guy you reach waaaaay deep for more lame excuses. Only a very delusional person would still be harping about playing T-Mac now. Can anyone after seeing that video really think he is anywhere near ready to play in an actual game at Full speed, full contact, full hard-nosed defense? No way. Its not even debatable?

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Don't mind Zboy, kid is a tool.

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

Tmac was agitated after he missed a jumper at 5:15. That's good. This practice is better than playoffs in terms of passion and heart.

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

To be objective about this, T-Mac is DEFINITELY nowhere near 'ready' to play but close to being his old self, his quickness, explosiveness and elevation on his jumpers.

Is there any scrimmages going on recently and if so, the videos of scrimmages will tell the truth.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Tmac's defense is the same as in practice.

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

you know what's funny?

that aside from my first tongue-in-cheek comment, i am the one trying to pull in the story behind the video and explain my case factually, and point-by-point, while you and some of the other tracy apologists are resorting to personal attacks and name calling, behind a facade of righteousness and "what's in the best interest of the bbs".

i swear earlier in this very thread, someone highlighted that the conversation was drifting away from the video and becoming a conversation about the conversation, and suggested that we keep the conversation about basketball. which i did. i reiterated my points slowly, calmly, and thoroughly, which apparently you have conveniently ignored in your fit of irrational keyboard diarrhea or whatever the hell this post was.

so, as i look back on this thread, here's what i see: the tracy apologists want to keep the conversation about basketball, except when the conversation about basketball makes them look foolish for supporting their man. once this happens, and the dearth of facts supporting the tracy apologists is apparent, they resort to throwing the very same stones they just confiscated from the people on the other side of the fence.

you know what else is funny? the selective rebuttal method that you guys have been using. you know, the one where you ignore 10 valid points and pick up on some semantic flaw that's totally irrelevant, and attempt to use that to discredit all the points that you have no answer for. i used to do that when i was a kid, because its immature and infuriating, and was a good way to piss off my parents.

you can't have it both ways. if you want to attack me, fine, go ahead. i'll just look you up after it turns out that i'm right, and call you names too. since that's your interpretation of bringing quality to this bbs.

now, i'm more than happy to engage in any sort of factual conversation about tracy from here on out, but i'm not responding to any more personal attacks, name calling, or ignorant accusations.

1 person likes this.
  10. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

oh okay so did tracy apologist, stop your mancrush, stacy mcgrady, t-slack. i even read a post that called t-mac supporters nut huggers(what the hell is that) and one poster called t-mac a b****, another called him a cry baby for getting upset with missing a shot but yet all of this goes over your head. Dont act like yall have the facts and we dont. It goes both ways, and i have seen arguments t-mac supporters havent been able to defend and i have seen arguments you guys havent been able to argue. For christ sakes you had a guy come up with a theory about mcgrady getting surgery on purpose even though he wasnt hurt just so he wouldnt be traded(where the hell is the facts to support that, just speculation)

11. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

you want to know who came up with that theory? the chronicle.

Chronicle Article

when your franchise player starts behaving dysfunctionally and betraying the organization, he opens himself up for criticism. i don't agree with some of the more dramatic namecalling, but i do think he deserves to be criticized for what he did.

12. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

more on this theory (that tracy "haters" did NOT invent):

ESPN Article <- note the part about his name coming up in trades.

More about the rumor <- note the part about the chronicle calling him out, and the open-ended questions about his commitment.

Doctor James Andrews Opinion <- note the part about the prescription being rest, NOT microfracture surgery.

Insinuations that Tracy didn't rehab properly, and needs more <- self explanatory

there's more . . . i just wanted to point to all the articles about the situation and the picture they paint. you dont have to interpret them like i did, but it should at least be clear that tracy "haters" did not invent this theory like you suggest.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

One thing is pretty clear right now. All the claims in the offseason that McGrady had regained or would regain his explosiveness from 4-5 years ago is baloney. I just hope he can back to where he was 2 years ago.

14. SergioValencia

Sarcasm in writing takes skill to pull off... that being said your post was no where near achieving any sort of sarcastic effect. Most people read it as actually being serious about McGrady looking real good. Good try though.

15. Hball

Hball Member

T-mac wasn't finishing his shots, but he looks better physically as far as his mobility to move defensively, and one on one moves.

16. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i am very up front about my position on this topic, so i assumed people would recognize it and either laugh at the silliness of it or roll their eyes and move on. clearly he doesn't look very good, so i didn't think anyone would take it seriously.

anyway, my apologies for the confusion. i will ensure the sarcasm is highlighted next time.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You mistakenly believe I care about Tmac, I dont. Apparently if I dont absolutely loathe him I am an apologist. I could care less, I just happen to believe in our current circumstances our ceiling is higher both short and long term with him on the team. Its fairly obvious you don't have a grasp on where I stand if you think its about being right vs wrong. Everything is so black and white with you guys, geez.

Look, everyone is entitled to thier opinions. We understand there are a ton of people who cannot forgive Tracy, but do we have to hear the same stupid rants over and over again in every single freaking thread? How many posts do I have to read that start with "You stupid tmac lovers"

If you want to rant, put it in your sig and move on. Let us non emotional people speculate about his ability based on this video.

18. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

okay mabye you guys didnt invent it, but at the same time, none of those articles have cold facts that mcgrady faked the injury.

19. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I didn't see it posted so: Why are there no videos of Tracy passing?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow!! You must really hate Rasheed Wallace! :eek:

;)