1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spears says the Bucks had the Wisconsin Attorney General on a conference call.

Icehouse likes this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Okay so tomorrow when everything is fixed bc of this, or in a year, or 10 years, or in 100, or a ****ing 1000 years, then can we play sports? Or nah, there will still be problems on earth that need to be solved. Never mind.

I get that this is important, I just simply don't understand why it needs to be done this way.

ronclone likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. STR8Thugg

Fair. I'm just heated.

topfive and SuperMarioBro like this.
  5. ktex

ktex Member

I'm sick of this ****. There are tons of innocent people killed constantly but they are taking a stand over yet another career criminal-This one apparently a rapist. Stop ****ing resisting arrest, stop dying and getting shot.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't know who needs to hear this, but boycott and postpone are not the same thing.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I don't disagree with any of that. My point is while the message may be right, the forum to present that message is not protesting games that millions of fans enjoy watching.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I get being a bit irked, playoff ball was a fun escape, but I'll repeat what I edited this into my earlier post (I think after you saw it):

Some people LIVE this 24 hours a day. And many of these players used to be those people, or came from families who were those people... Something tells me they don't care all that much about being our escape right now.

When are you going to have seen enough lying, scared-sh!tless, poorly trained, and/or corrupt cops to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt just because a black man from the hood was involved?

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The NBA going to stop playing these people....they are hurting themselves and the league..imaging these guys without the money from basektball.

10. STR8Thugg

I guess reading through this thread and seeing the domino effect of posts has me worked up. I suppose you're right it's unlikely. But what happens when (WHEN NOT IF) another black american gets shot by police. We cancel then? Do you get where I am coming from?

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

How should it be done?

12. HardenVolumeOne

chicago, Baltimore and St. Louis are warzones controlled by democrats and Lebron and the media keep quiet because they can’t blame white people smh. Once you are off the democrat plantation you start seeing the bs for what it is

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

And this is why the protest. You can't enjoy them on your TV and then enjoy them getting shot in the streets.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Then what is it then? More Twitter hashtags, IG posts, and BLM shirts?

topfive and YOLO like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you literally just highlighted it in your post. Millions of fans enjoy. purpose is to gather attention. pretty sure it moves in that direction

16. STR8Thugg

I thought they were doing a good job already. Just watching the bubble, it's been a major focus point.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Bucks boycotted, and so did the Rockets and Thunder. The league postponed to save face and still keep the possibility of $$ from those games alive.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The reason those "warzones" exist is because of the aftermath of systemic racism that left low income, high crime minority neighborhoods in its wake. They lean left now because those policies are aimed at fixing those issues rather than ignoring them... Those neighborhoods absolutely did not become that way because of leftist policies.

joshuaao, CometsWin and ElDobleK like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did Charles or Shaq walk out? Strange how Kenny did so on-air. Great for solidarity, I guess, but if he really wanted to show support, he would have done so without fanfare.

edit: Nope, neither Shaq, Charles nor Ernie walked out. lmao.

20. Mr. Space City

Criticized for burning down buildings and looting.

Told “Why can’t they protest peacefully?”

Only to get criticized for protesting peacefully.

Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.