1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not playing basketball and going back to the hotel room to eat Tillman's meals sure as **** aint gonna fix anything either holmes.

ICEibuPROfen and daywalker02 like this.
  2. STR8Thugg

Fair enough... In the end tho, I still think it will be mostly lip service. Once the owners start seeing their pockets look lighter, they will take whatever measures they need to correct that.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this could be huge...imagine if the NFL also boycotted

these owners have influence...they donate to politicians all across the country...they know important people...affect their pocket books, and maybe they’ll be more willing to exert their influence in support of the players

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We have actually never had something like this before, where players chose to not play and impact an owners/sponsors wallet in that manner. You are describing situations where something else took away sports but hey would be available once conditions were safe, or a league where a player could be isolated and blackballed because the owners knew the rest of the players would still play and bring them $$.

I don't know if it will work but putting a dent in the $$ hasn't been tried, so go for it. $$ seems to be what gets folks attention.

DVauthrin and MettaWorldPete like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing surprises me in 2020.

6. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Needs to be a police officer.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dude your trolling is so pathetically sad. I’m disappointed in myself for indulging you. Have fun doing your thing. I’ll happily pay my debt if I lose and if you lose the you can begrudgingly contribute to the site first time in your history here. Win/win

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

and we all know this is the era of the players. players of all sports are in connection with one another. this is just a different time. people are so used to being it one way. it isn't

Reeko likes this.
  9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Is it "just" for the policemen involved to let the facts come out, or just jump to conclusions since a black man got shot?

NBA players protesting a game they are privileged to play is mutually exclusive from life and death.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

first time? nah. funny how you don't realize you can donate to this site while choosing not to be recognized. Damn shame for someone with a join date of 09. some people like myself don't care about being recognized. Never did. another assumption that's dead wrong. foh

11. Rocketsfan3422

all that from free Hong Kong....

12. STR8Thugg

It is a luxury if you cancel seasons. It's a luxury bc it doesn't exist no matter how crazy of an athlete you are if there aren't any games to play.

13. boojaka

boojaka Member

Nah exactly not similar as nobody cared to make much fuss... i'm not talking if someone got charged or not, im talking what has been done to poor people and how we are mafe to interpet this differently..

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

WOW Kenny smith just walked out on TNT

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

If you don't think boycotts, strikes, and other such protests (especially with this level of visibility) can affect change, you must not have been paying much attention in history class.

Can only imagine how much good can/will come of it if NFL players protest at this scale, too.

I don't understand, I wasn't talking specifically about anyone, on this forum or otherwise. Just sports fans in general.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The guy was SHOT 7 times in the back - the video is out there - the police officer should not be given any benefit of ANY doubt, it was IN THE ****ING BACK of a man ...7 ****ING TIMES.

That cop should be fired immediately, we can't keep letting these racists morons killing our black brothers and sisters and not stand up, just because we are white.

THIS is why we need to reorganize the police get rid of racism, and take away some of their responsibilities because they clearly are not trained well enough, and clearly we are not getting the best and brightest in the police force....

DD

17. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I think it's really doubtful they cancel the season. The players want to play and they've already made sacrifices. They are stressed out and upset, but in the end the cause they care about isn't helped by them walking out. NBA players are basically celebrities, and the number one thing a celebrity has to do is hold onto their fame. How they choose to use it is secondary.

daywalker02 and tmoney1101 like this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It wouldn’t surprise me if it goes either way and I wholeheartedly support whatever decision they make in support of the cause. Personally I don’t think they’ll cancel the season but we should find out soon.

MettaWorldPete and daywalker02 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some players more than others.

The Rockets however want to win at all cost, due to their owner.

Russell and CP3 talked to them.

SuperMarioBro likes this.