1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

No. My point is that you are trying to undermine the movement by bringing up non relevant, unrelated topics into the discussion. You're the person that screams 'All Lives Matter' when the focus is on the issue here in the United States with AMERICANS of Color. To be specific, black men and women of color. Not this **** going on in Hong Kong. Your like the kid that has to pooh on the floor just to get attention because your siblings have your parent's attention. So in essence...you are racist.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You think you’re the only one? Lol.

As the saying goes “if some one is an *******, they’re an *******. When everyone is an *******, you’re the *******.

All you do is roam the site starting conflict and you’re incredibly hard headed when it comes to any other opinions even when those people share the same broad view as you. It’s tiresome and I can’t be the only one who thinks that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

daywalker02 and tmoney1101 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

God I hate 2020....

I swear this year is karma for electing a scum of the earth reality show clown as president.

We get it God! Learned our lesson he’s gone soon please don’t release the locusts!

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously weren't, otherwise you wouldn't be like oh they're going to play tomorrow. a simple what makes you say that works. instead of doubtful with 0 research done :rolleyes:

quit being a crybaby. if I was such a problem, I still wouldn't be around. i couldn't careless if you're not the only one. I engage with more than enough of the better posters on this board.

7. STR8Thugg

Do you know what the word "compartmentalize" means?

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seems to me that the fans who really support this movement would also support this action, even if it means no more playoffs.

DVauthrin and Patience like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. STR8Thugg

I support my city and my sports teams more than the agenda. You can cash me out on that.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sure, and I do it too. But this is an issue that matters deeply to many of them and they don't want their sports to be used as an escape from thinking about it.

Patience likes this.
  12. Mr. Space City

Jeff Green nooooooooooo

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

$10 says Giannis plows into the camera and the ref gives him FTs.

francis 4 prez and tmoney1101 like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

And again, what is this accomplishing exactly?

BLM is as big as it has ever been. You can still play NBA, MLB, and NFL games.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Correct my opinion is that they won’t cancel the season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them resume playing tomorrow.

16. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

That happiness we get from blocking out the world and cheering for something uncomplicated is awesome, but it is also a luxury. The world is in an unfamiliar state, and what we're seeing is the players feeling like maybe luxuries aren't as important now.

17. STR8Thugg

You're right. This needs to permeate everyone's brains 24 hours per day.

**** my job too right? I shouldn't use that as an escape.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Sad to be without bball again, but proud of the players for taking a stand and putting their money where their mouth is... No doubt a good chunk of the people who watch these games (or at least those who used to) are the same racist f*cks who got us here.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

so is it the games will resume tomorrow? Or just the season?

Actually how about we do both for clutch

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

players have done the Twitter hashtags and IG posts...they’ve made statements

Kapernick did something so harmless such as kneeling during anthem...people wanted to act like he was committing the gravest of sins

the actions taken will only continue to escalate

to the fans talking about “I’m done” or “this will alienate me”...bye, good riddance

people just want the players to stick to Twitter posts that can be easily ignored...as long as they do that, there’s no issue...Guess what? They no longer care about making u comfortable or entertaining u so that u can “escape”...this is real life for them

DVauthrin, BigMaloe, bmelo and 6 others like this.