1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering Scola, Ariza and Battier in sign-and-trades for Bosh or Amar'e

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yao / Miller / Andersen
    Amare / Hill / Hayes
    Patterson / Budinger / Jeffries
    Martin / Taylor
    Brooks / Lowry

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Rockets can always sign Mike Miller, or T-Mac with the MLE.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Makes you wonder how the players are going to feel if Morey fails to cash in. Ariza is known for his moodiness and insecurity so I'm pretty sure he'll be in b**** mode at least for awhile. As for Scola and Battier, I'm sure they'll be professional about it but you can't tell me this won't be at the back of their minds (sorry for the double negative!)

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

This doesn't make any sense. Ariza AND Battier? Surely we can't give up both of our defensive wings. I can understand Battier and Scola (they will be misssed) but Ariza too? I actually like the guy and we worked so hard to get him last year.

I hope he stays, we could really use his energy and defense. If Scola and Battier, along with somebody else along the lines of Jeffries, or maybe even use draft picks, so be it.

5. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Rockets making life difficult for Bulls, Heat and Bosh by offering that Scola/Ariza/Battier package. That is an excellent bailout plan.
    about 5 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/cr_reina

Raptors can use Houston's offer as leverage against Bulls, who absolutely don't want to deal Noah.

Chris Bosh seems like he wants six-year deal (therefore S&T involving Raptors) most badly.

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we get that deal, look for Morey to immediately sign Ronnie Brewer..our defensive man is solved...

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah...I'd say this one is likely over. They're just waiting on LBJ to decide.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This rumor makes sense because Scola will be a BYC player, so the Rockets can only take back 50% of his salary in return. Toronto or Phoenix could take back up to 25% more than the first year salary of the player they are shipping out (who will not be a BYC player), so it works from their side. Moving these three players also helps the Rockets' luxury tax hit.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

nah. With Yao healthy I like our team.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think it means all three players really, I think it means some combination of those players.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Aaron Brook's twitter (thirty2zero):

I'm excited and waiting for whatever happens.I haven't been listening to the rumors. So I don't know what's going on. Fill me in.

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Somebody tell him he just got traded to the Wolves.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This trade would be Awesome!!! we get to keep Jordan Hill PF/C and Patrick Patterson SF/PF, while still adding a star player in Amare or Bosh! :grin:

--RB

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

something i noticed is u guys blame the players on defense when i think the coaches should stress the defense more to the team.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

As long as we keep the Knicks pick("s"), then i'm happy. They are looking more valuable everyday FA goes by..

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Somehow I'm still thinking we are dangling most everyone except Yao and Kevin Martin. If we could S&T Scola as part of the package for Bosh, then that leaves us with a lot of parts and picks to go after Lebron with, especially if we move both Battier and Ariza to Toronto.

17. harees95

harees95 Member

Plus K-Mart is way better than Richard Hamilton

18. RyanB

RyanB Member

1- Amare is not worth all this
    2- Defense sucks if we trade Ariza/Battier
    3- If we get Amare : our defense will suck even more; and there is no Nash to deliver the magic passes

So unless it is for Bosh (and i don't want to lose both of our elite defenders), we're going to be losers after the trade :(

19. HPD

HPD Member

Travis outlaw

20. acefan18

acefan18 Member

LeBron?