1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering Scola, Ariza and Battier in sign-and-trades for Bosh or Amar'e

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 2, 2010.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

The only reason I can see Houston trying to give up Ariza AND Battier is if we are going a better SF in another trade. Lebron or Luol Deng maybe. Since there is no mention of the pick in the bosh trade, they are probably going to be given away in another trade So...

Brook/Lowry
    martin/taylor
    lebron or luol/chase
    Bosh/??? (hill or pat who ever isn't traded)
    Yao/???

2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

This is way too much for Stoudemire! I don't believe it.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'd much rather see us move Ariza and Hill than Battier and Scola.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Ok since Amare is likely to go to NY that leaves Bosh. Why trade two wing players? Is C-Bud going to start? Is RA still considering the combination of Brooks and Lowry? That would but Kevin Martin at the 3.

You trade away damn near half your cast that means something for one player. No way. I respect these 3 guys games and Bosh games but I'll rather have 3 guys who you can count on than one person.

Meaning that Bosh can have a bad night who is going to step up? you gave away 3 pieces to the puzzle for one guy. No one knows how Yao is going to respond. Being away for a year makes a big difference. Timing and everything is going to take a huge toll on Yao.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Personally I prefer them taking Scola and Battier, plus I don't see them wanting Jordan Hill, given that they have a similar player in Ed Davis.

--RB

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Rockets could also use the $3 mil trade exception from the Landy trade in a seperate trade for Bellini, so the Raptors aren't taking as much salary back for dealing with the Rockets.

$3.0 m trade exception for Marco Bellini($2.38 m) in a 2nd trade.