1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offer Barry 2 year contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

2. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Read further down... it says...

According to a source from one of the teams, however, Barry indicated he was leaning toward either Phoenix or San Antonio, and would likely make his decision Tuesday.

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

That doesnt mean he chose them though......

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

SI article mentions Houston maybe interested in Antoine Walker? I really don't see this. Anyone else here?

5. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

I never said that the Shaq situation will work out for the Suns. I just explained the reason for the trade. I will admit that this is a huge gamble for the Suns but if it works the reward could be HUGE.

6. jsmee2000

Nope...it means that hey are in the running and we are not!

7. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Link to CNN: Sports Illustrated

Contenders vying for Cassell, Barry, P.J. Brown, more

An excerpt:

Brent Barry is likely heading to either Phoenix or San Antonio. Sam Cassell is poised to be on his way to Boston, Dallas or Denver. Jamaal Magloire might soon be joining the Mavericks. And P.J. Brown and Antoine Walker could end up just about anywhere.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He got bought out? No he doesn't fit.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Chucker? I don't know about that one......

Granted, he's a winner and has won championships on every level of play but I simply don't think I could stomach the bad shots, tendency to camp out on the arc and his developing obesity.

10. George Gervin

George Gervin Member

You mean going 1 on 5 isn't appealing to you? That guy is a black whole on the basketball court..

11. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

Alright guys, time to put this one to rest. Brent Barry IS NOT coming to Houston. One of the sports guys on the radio this morning out here in Phoenix said he spoke to Rick Barry and that there is a 90% chance that Barry is going back to the spurs and a small 10% chance that he comes to Phoenix. I would normally dismiss this type of thing, but this guy sounded convincing.

If that is true then that leaves a 0% chance he goes to Houston.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Heaven help us. Just where would he play, and who wouldn't? Can you imagine Toine's engine overheating just beng near Landry? :D

13. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

No biggie. We wanted him but did we really need him?

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

Now forget Barry, I don't like this b**** any more. :mad:

15. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

I agree. It would have been nice to have him, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

16. yobod

yobod Member

The more I think about it, the more this has collusion written all over it. I bet Popovich's "committee" would have been all over this had it actually existed (yeah, right). It's not a coincidence that the deal was done with Seattle (multiple former Spurs in the FO, and Sam Presti was an assistant in SA). Why else would Seattle waive Barry? Are any other teams that received players on one-year deals waiving them? No. Why would Seattle? I'll tell you why. Now, San Antonio gets UNDER the luxury tax by trading both Elson and Barry, get Kurt Thomas (who is an intelligent big....unlike Elson, who doesn't always use his head) for absolutely nothing, AND they get a healthy Barry back after the 30 day rest period. This is an absolute garbage move by the Spurs, and they are playing the rest of the league and the fans for fools. Barry is only dragging along discussions with other teams so it doesn't look like the Stackhouse arrangement. The Spurs learned from the Mavs misfortune. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm starting to think that I'm not.

17. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

It would be nice to keep other teams from getting him too.

18. jsmee2000

19. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

wtf?????

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably. I guess the Lakers don't have a problem with paying luxury tax this year. Would they have to cut a player to add Barry?

And I'd be shocked if the Rockets are seriously pursuing Walker. Having a PF who can shoot 3s could be valuable down the stretch, but Walker is too unreliable.