1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offer $30 million to J Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Jul 4, 2012.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Sorry, shouldn't have said specifically Scola or Martin - but, definitely would need to move someone else (mentioned those two as they are likely the main two Morey is trying to move, along with possibly Lowry)

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Oops, forgot Motiejunas. But it doesn't change the answer. The Rockets will still have barely enough room to make both Asik and Lin offers while still keeping the 12 players I mentioned previously PLUS Motiejunas.

No idea about Dragic offer. Heard rumors of a five-year, $40 million offer, but other "sources" have denied that such offer was real. We'll just have to wait and see what Dragic signs for eventually. If he signs elsewhere, maybe one day we'll find out what the Rockets offer was.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

And I sure hope you are right. But right now....I don't feel good about it. I'm just telling you. And the reason is because Dragic represents a huge part of our cap flexibility. If he leaves and we most likely get matched on the Lin offer sheet, then we are through when it comes to acquriing Dwight and really putting a top-notch team together. It simply isn't going to happen because Lowry is a huge trade chip for Orlando either to keep or flip for a future pick. He's a huge trade chip. With Goran gone and Lin matched, we are stuck with Lowry or if we trade him and everything else for Dwight, we have no chance of really winning and keeping Dwight.

A HUGE part of what Morey is trying to do is predicated on keeping Dragic in the fold, and having his contract agreed to, even if not signed. We lose Dragic and we are up a creek.

That's the way I see it and I am definitely concerned about losing him.

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

What happens to all these projections if we amnesty Scola?

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

lol cool story bro

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

People really think Lin will bring lots of money to Houston? The fact that he played in NY was a huge factor in why the story was so big.

The fact that there has been zero hype about Lin being a free agent should prove to folks he isn't the type of player to puts asses in a seat.

1 person likes this.
  7. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Cool. Good to know. Not Morey's style to "only" carry 13 on the team though...lol.

I assume the same goes for a similar offer to Dragic then. If NY matches Lin's offer, we'll still have enough room to make Asik and Dragic offers.

I agree with you (or at least am hopeful) that Morey's strategy is to get Goran back to the table. He likely is more aware than all of us what Dragic will ultimately be offered (and from whom).

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought the Dwight to Houston ship had sailed already?

9. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

GlenRice faints.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Pretty surprising how little excitement is generating for the Lin move. It's been a pretty disappointing free agency I guess, and Lin means no Dragic :(.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry man... It was entertaining... The days of Rudy T were a riot, guy could out drink and party anyone on the team not named Maxwell.

12. Summer Song Giver

Exactly Jeremy Lin will be a BUST for that $$$$$$

13. shlhl

shlhl Member

To: those Hate and too much $$$$$$$$$$
    Don't worry and New York will match. Sadly, we won't get anybody signed with us. (Dragic included)

14. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

His proven everyone wrong many times over

Lin won games when Stat and carmelo was injured....

His a cash cow

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lin is powerful

all hail Lin

off with your head

16. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

just like you are a milk cow.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Its not over until Howard gets traded! Keep hope alive!

18. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

This is hilarious make 2 mistakes on the same guy.

1) First let Lin walk for free
    2) Now overpay the same guy

1 person likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't tell that to jopatmc. Jeez, that guy.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Do you feel that way about Clutch? He just got done telling you on the radio that Dwight was the Rox trade target.`