1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets offer $30 million to J Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Doesn't work. Lin gets more money signing an offer sheet. Knicks can't outright give him the same money. They can only match.

2. Summer Song Giver

On the record.

This is the beginning of the end for one Daryl Morey. I hate everything he has done post Yao and Mcgrady.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You do know he played primarily SG all his life until he got to the NBA right?

4. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

The Knicks also intend to match any offer restricted free-agent point guard Jeremy Lin receives.

5. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

Would the Knicks consider a S-and-T with K-Mart going over there and us getting Lin? Would have to work out the salary cap kinks, but it would give them a 2-guard to help with the Knicks win now mode and it would get K-Mart off the Rockets. Plus, the Knicks are always good for making short-sighted trades.

6. Homey the Clown

The Rockets are so damn frustrating.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I like Morey's aggressiveness trying to bring a superstar to Houston, but signing these 2 mediocre players to these huge contracts is a sign of desperation to prove something.

These guys don't put us anywhere closer than where we were last year. Hell, we most likely would be worse.

Players don't earn these kinds of money off of one great month, which was what Lin did. I thought Morey was better htan that.

It's like giving an injured McGrady max money if he shows a month of great play after injury. Terrible.

They better, to save Morey from a terrible move.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lin is a flash in the pan.

I guess Les got a taste of the Asian market and wants seconds. Winning be damned.

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Toney Douglas is good

11. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I don't understand how the Knicks could match Lin's contract while still paying Nash/Melo/etc.

12. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

BS

Get us LIN

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, he isn't.

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Are you serious?

15. rockets11champs

How the heck did lin get injured this season???

16. Mr. Space City

it's a shame this franchise would try to bring in a sideshow to put fans in the stands.

the rockets don't need lin.

i don't understand the direction of this team at all.

17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Lin is flash in a pan. Definitely not better than Lowry, or Dragic for that matter.

For the life of me, I cant understand why CF gets enamored with these ****ty moves..Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik...etc.

Seriously, why do we need Lin? I hope to God NY matches

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If you can't retain Dragic at a decent price, why not bring in Lin? If Morey makes a big trade this year, Lowry will almost certainly be a part of it. If he doesn't have another pg to fall back on, he won't be able to make that move. Also, Morey's gaining leverage in negotiations with Dragic. Talking to Lin makes all the sense in the world at this point, sideshow or not.

19. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

That seems Right

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

This team does have a direction. It's to stay in "mediocrity" mode. Don't suck so much where 1/2 of 3/4 of the arena is empty. That's the goal it appears.