1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets November Records 9-8!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jlwee, Nov 30, 2007.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

So the first month of the season had over and our beloved Rockets ended the month with 9-8 records. Do you guys satisfy with the result?

For me, I m satisfied with the records! Consider we played the BIG THREE(Spurs, Mavs & Suns) SIX freaking times in our first 17 games and ended 2-4 vs them(3-3 will be better, still cant over with Mavs' lost). Out of 17 games, the rockets have played against last season Western Conference Playoffs teams a total of 11 games(including the 31st October game against the fakers) with the records of 5-6 and only played Leastern Conference teams 3 times with the records of 2-1. The only loss i cant accept will be against the Memphis!

10-7 will be better records but considered we have a new coach, new system and half a team of new teammates, also the tough opponents the rockets have played against this early stage of the season, 9-8 is a reasonable records and I have high hope for the month of December!

Your thoughts?

2. battlefun

battlefun Member

Yes, not too bad.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

When you put it like that, Rockets are doing OKAY.

Lets hope they can be 4-2 or better against the Suns, mavs, and Spurs when they get used to RA's system.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yao and Tmac will cause me to go bald very very soon. Both players are consistently inconsistent. Steve has the heart, some of the plays he makes floors me, he is not the answer, but he is a damn good role player. Shane O'mac doesn't fit yet. He's a rover for the Rockets. Mike James has had one, yes one, good game. I think Mike is still mad at us for the trade and is secretly trying to screw us, well, up until tonight i thought that. It seems like there is no on the court leader. This concerns me the most.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

And don't forget 3 back to back games, two times 4 games in 5 nights, and we miss T-Mac 2.5 games and he wasn't fully healthy right when he came back. And Steve is just now getting in the rotation and Scola finally stopped getting in foul trouble and giving constant game performance night in and night out.

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

You have valid points across the board. However, I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't say that I was somewhat disappointed. It's not that we lost to teams, it was more how we lost some of those games. Memphis in particular.

We do have room for optimism though, like you've stated.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Tough schedule or not, Rick Addle-brained has cost this team games. Thankfully he has started playing Francis, so maybe he will start to rectify the other woes.

8. stq

stq Member

I don't really care about the record, I'm pretty sure we can get into the playoffs.

As long as we are improving, I'm happy. To see our team went on some soul searching, to see SF3 slowly working his way back into the rotation, I think we are doing ok.

9. Pocket Rockets

yes im sure ricks the reason we lost games..everything else doesnt play any factors to our wins and losses.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The statement was that Addle-brained has cost the team games, not "every loss was completely his fault." Misrepresenting that statement doesn't change the fact that he has made some highly questionable coaching decisions and should be held accountable for the team's disappointing start.

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

9-8 ain't great, but it's ok. The important thing is to move on. LOOK AHEAD. It's a good month coming..

DECMEBER SCHEDULE:
    We have 14 games, and listed below I designated each game as either "win" or "maybe win". Win means a team we should beat, an inferior squad that will be our fault if we lose and maybe win would be a games against competitive teams that could come out firing and outplay us (ala first suns game).

there are 9 games we should have locked
    there are 5 games that are against 'contenders'.

Sacramento (win)
    Memphis (win)
    New Jersey (win)
    Toronto (win)
    Philadelphia (win)
    Detroit (maybe win)
    Dallas (maybe win)
    Orlando (maybe win)
    Denver (win)
    Chicago (win)
    Detroit (maybe win)
    Memphis (win)
    Toronto (win)
    Golden State (maybe win)

i say it would be entirely realistic to expect we go 12-2 and a modest prediction would get us 8-10 wins. that means we could legitimately get to 20-11 by new years. yes, people have faith!

of course, this is all assuming we take care of business against the little boys.

12. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I'm thinking 6-7 losses

so 17-18 wins and 14-15 losses

13. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

I'm ok with that :D

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

About average. I had wished for more wins. But realistically, I'm happy that we didn't fold over the first month of the season.

Positives: Scola's coming along nicely. Francis looks like he be that spark off the bench.

Negatives: Our PG situation is still iffy at best, and our offense still look out of sink way too many times. Bonzi and James, huge part of our supposed upgrade on the bench, have underperformed expectations.

Overall, I'm a satisfied Rockets fan. Maybe not an ecstatic Rockets fan, but certainly optimistic about our chances.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm not satisfied because we are losing to chump teams like MEMPHIS.. When we beat the teams we should never lose to like MEMPHIS and THEN go .500 against good teams I will then be satisfied.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Toronto will be tough. Worst case, 5-6 losses, best case 2 losses

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Adelman has finally figured out that playing 2 on 5 won't cut it and is changing the rotation around. I like how the minutes are being distributed right now. The only thing I am not happy about right now is Bonzi's play and we should have another scorer in with Tmac and Yao in the starting lineup.

18. azjw

azjw Member

Well, it's not the records. And it's not the players' performances either.

WHAT bothers me is that they don't seem to be getting their identity. What should Addleman's Rockets look like? Does he have something bright in vision? I have no clue.

If it stays this way after the all-star break,there's trouble. :(

19. James23

James23 Member

How can people accept a 9-8 record? Only losers are happy with that pathetic record. The Rockets is one of the a championship contending teams. So, it is not a shock with the team beat the Suns, Spurs, or the Mavs. With or without T-mac, the team shouldn't have lost to Lakers, Grizzlies or some other lesser teams.

Yao needs to step up!

20. Red1

Red1 Member

Listening to the game on 610am last night i heard Gene and Jim say that Jonathan Feigen predicted the Rox record at 9-8 after November. They also said he had the Rox winning 58 games this season. He was right about the first part, so lets hope he's right about the second(or under shot his mark)