1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets notes: Scola 'OK' after sprained right ankle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dingaaa, Oct 13, 2009.

1. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

Shooting is off

The Rockets' 37.8 percent shooting and 18.8 percent shooting from the 3-point arc, were their worst of the preseason, but Rockets coach Rick Adelman said the team's execution led to the poor shooting.

“I think it's a really good learning tool for our team,” Adelman said. “Offensively, I did not think we played well enough. We have to find a way when we get guys to the paint to do what they did to us and find people open. We're forcing the issue. We're forcing stuff. Guys are doing stuff that aren't to their strengths.

“One difference between their team and our team was they looked for shots in their first option, but they were patient enough to take it to the other side and find open people. We weren't doing that. That's something we have to learn. We have to have more ball movement and player movement.”
    No worries

Luis Scola left the game in the second quarter with a sprained right ankle, but said he was not concerned he would have to miss any time.

“I just twisted it a bit, but it will be OK,” said Scola, who had eight points and 11 rebounds in 13 minutes. “I was ready to come back in, but there was no reason for it. The first five minutes I was a little bit concerned, but I put some ice on it and it wasn't worse and it wasn't swelling, so it was no big deal.”
    Keeping it going

The Rockets intended to keep their full training camp roster for at least another week, maybe longer, citing the solid play of many of their players with non-guaranteed contracts in practice and the need for a full complement of players.

“I think we need the bodies for practice,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “We're trying to get up and down the court. When you do that, the more bodies you have, the better it is.”
    Tickets for a friend

Rockets center Joey Dorsey left tickets for Texans receiver Jacoby Jones, whom he said was a good friend. He was not sure how they have gotten to know each other, saying there were “family connections,” that they “met down here” and that they met with Dorsey was in college.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6664580.html

dingaaa :D

2. diegot143

diegot143 Member

thanks, i was concerned there for a little. Good to hear that he wont miss any time. I was about to say, "we are truly cursed".

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

typical. We sit our best player the previous game to give him rest and prevent injuries and what happens when he steps back on the court? I don't care how light it is, how come we always seem to get injured? :mad:

4. withmustard

withmustard Member

Good thing Dorsey was being questioned by a reporter and not a cop. Shady answer if you ask me. On COPS, nothing good ever comes from the two guys who don't remember how they know each other, or even using the word "connections". I remember how or why I know everyone. Apparently the writer feels the same by deciding to use these uninformative quotes and not paraphrasing.

5. saleem

saleem Member

I got scared,I admit. Keep him out,till the beginning of the season.

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Not gonna help. If he has to be injured, he will and it doesn't matter when. It is just how it goes with this team.

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

If one more starter gets injured, I think the Rockets need to be in the WNBA for a while.

I'm well-aware that it won't affect who gets injured and who doesn't, but I think it's a start.