1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets New Logo and Unis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets52, Jul 26, 2018.

?

Time to get rid of the reggie Toyota looking logo?

1. Yes

145 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

either we go back to our championship unis or we do a color scheme to match-is the astros.

i like the idea of having city tied colors. obviously texans color scheme is trash so we should get some orange to match astros/dynamo

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The court was a bit much. I wasn't really talking about that as much as the Jersey and R logo.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I do like those jerseys, not much of a fan of that logo though.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The P34 one that he did most recently which he calls an "upbrand" as opposed to total rebrand is pretty cool and something you could actually see happening. The "blood dripping" of the Rockets logo is undoubtedly the worst part. Like wtf? is it??

Still not in love with the font here, but changing the blood dripping to something else - like, I don't, fire coming out of a Rocket perhaps lol - makes too much sense.

[​IMG]

LUK3 and D-rock like this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

that R is too funky

6. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like vampire fangs.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

No more Chinese font
    No more Human Resources HR
    No more dripping paint/blood R

COME ON THADDEUS! DO SOMETHING! Status quo is not acceptable!

Scarface, macho GRANDE, LUK3 and 3 others like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As much as I b****ed about the chinese alternates already in this thread, I'll happily have them if the other two get sorted out.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

"R" is just not quite right but love the red and gray combo.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

On that "R" logo alteration, on the bottom I see "golf tees." The "R" logo that I posted from Conrad had the bottom part of the R legs semi-circled. That looked like a better treatment to me.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Honestly, the points JR mentions are ones that I could "actually" see happening. We know the FONT is going to change per Tilman. The "R" logo is not going to change per Tad...but that does not mean it can't be "refined" and having the bottom part iterated on. The secondary HR logo, that could easily be changed as well.

The "R" logo isn't going anywhere though.

D-rock likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

I appreciate the 34 projects, but honestly, nothing I’ve seen from him nor other projects are worth a redesign. Our original logo was nothing special, yellow aside from a trim is just too much, our current logo is great. We just need an actual person with brains and a feeling for brand, proportions, symmetry and aesthetics for the jerseys.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love to see these blue red unis as our retro and keep the red, yellow as City or Road unis. Black is alternates and the gray with checkers on side as our home "whites".

Those blues really pop tho, especially with that red textured stripe down side.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is only one Houston Rockets uniform.
    [​IMG]

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather have Moochie Norris in the flying dildos compared to the rec league jerseys we have now.

[​IMG]

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm very confident in this, and it excites me if it replaces the Chinese jerseys. I remember you making a post and revealed multiple jersey designs for different teams last season around this time. Do you know when you'll be able to see the Nike jersey booklet if at all?

So white homes, red roads, and a red version of the black jerseys. Will the red version replace our black jerseys from last year, or will it replace the Chinese jerseys?

edit: Can someone do a clean Photoshop of our black alts and make it red? It's not official or confirmed, but I'd bet money on it.

ths balla likes this.
  17. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Would be pretty cool if the Rockets did a San Diego throwback jersey when they play a California team like the Kings, Lakers, Clippers, or Warriors.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. ths balla

ths balla Member

So apparently they went extremely secretive this year and forgo the booklet for a more restrictive online portal...I know the red checkers will be a jersey barring any last min changes, I do not know what it will be replacing unfortunately, I will see if I can find out this week

oogie boogie and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice mix of of old and new! Very creative.

Love the current checks design on black alts (as well as previous grays with or without sleeves) but if choice was between current home whites and road rods and designs above, the choice is not even close.

Caesar likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

l
    Has Nike released that booklet since they took over the NBA? IIRC the booklet happened with Adidas, no?

Anyway. It's odd to me that this 2 year notice has seemed to always be a thing in the way for the Rockets meanwhile every team in the league gets new uniforms every year it seems, full rebuild, minor rebuild, minor touch ups or just extra jersey alternates and colors.

Does anyone really believe the Lakers requested change to go back to their original retro look 2 years ago to line up exactly with LeBron arriving? Same with the CAVS?? They get new uniforms and logo touch ups every god damn year. The Heat had a million alternates with LeBron there.
    The Grizzlies requested new uniforms, wordmarks and touch ups to the logos and new alternate logos 2 years ago? The Clippers when the whole sterling mess happened and sold, had already put in a request 2 seasons prior in order to rebrand that same summer the team was sold? I don't ****ing buy it. It's always only a problem for the Rockets. From way back in early 2k's when rumor had it the Rockets requested black alternates before they really became popular and we were denied b/c "There were too many black uniforms already" and of course every team started slowly getting them before we finally did including the Lakers 3 years before we did.

Back to the point. I highly doubt the Rockets get any new uniform or logos or make any changes other than something like making the numbers or wordmark on the uniforms a little bigger or changing 'ROCKETS' away jersey wordmark to 'HOUSTON'

Don't get your hopes up. I couldn't believe Tilman liked our current look. I thought 100% we were finally in to go back to looking like the real Houston Rockets because Tilman had been around since those championship days, but I guess not.