1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to work on fundamentals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

I Agree! they need to learn the PICK N ROLL.... they have a big man that they can throw it to

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Funny you mention this..

Amin Elhassan said that when he was video director at PHX, he made tape of Kevin Garnett setting these types of screens to show to rookies at film study..

So in other words:

Yes, those types of fundamentals

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Clap Clap

Jack up more threes!

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

As much as we all thought this is a talented team, a lot of our players are just not fundamentally sound. Look at a lot of the top teams, they simply get lay-ups and midrange shots from their big men. We hardly get any easy shot off and when our guys do make them, it's more just 1 out of 10 tries. Don't get me started on our perimeter players, who only shoot threes. Our system, philosophy and players just need too many changes. That's why I'm glad a lot of contracts will be up after this season. I hope to never see Ty, TJ & Josh in a Rockets uniform again. Brewer too but he's here to stay probably. Beverley is flawed too, but we need that dogfight.

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

It's not a time to work on fundamentals when you have 6 weeks before playoffs

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That would involve hiring a competent coach.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ding! Ding! Ding! Johnny tell him what he's won.

I hate Bickerstaffs face at this point. He couldn't coach an AAU team. Ugh worst part is when I see some basic ass thing on court and he's oblivious I flash back to the Dwight party with him acting a donkey and I wanna send my foot through my TV.

F JB, F him right up his A

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fundamentally sound illegal screens. The clip on the article shows excessive pump faking and one too many passes. The fact that it. Worked is more a reflection on the horrid defense than any thing else. Babosa was 100% open the whole clip:rolleyes:

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Btw, cleverly disguised warrior circle jerk thread. Move this ****t to NBA section.

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Not when that said big man hates PnR, rarely ever sets proper picks, and thinks his post-up chances provide more positive results to the team than PnR plays (when it more often results in turnovers than points).