1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Need To Take Zach Edey In Draft!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 22, 2024.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure, I'm going off of what this guy said and what I've seen of Edey in the past.

If I had to choose between Edey, Sarr, Clingan....
    I'm picking Edey. Me personally.

leebigez and Imanimal like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If the NBA had a One time Return policy, you would guess that many would have given back their Centers.

I would feel more secure if Edey averaged 5-6 assists per game instead of 25 ppg because he wouldn't get those touches here.

The NBA already has stars in droves, they need to find out if you are a team player first and then they hand you the ball or not ever.

MrButtocks and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have the time to do the research. But it does seem that most busts picked at the top 3 have been big men. The "you can't teach size" adage has ruined a lot of high drafting teams.

When you see a size 10 skill 6 guy and a Size 4 and skill 8 guy, the temptation is to brush off the seemingly minor skill deficiency and go with the major size superiority. But a lot of times, that seemingly minor skill drop makes a huge difference while the major size thing is almost irrelevant.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could use Edey as a bruiser but you need to see him in action against NBA bigs first and that is impossible to change your draft pick after you drafted a big man.

I remain resolute that most teams would have sent their Center back after 1 - 3 years....

Edey needs to spam 3s like crazy these days.

Sorry for not being sorry that I would take a Nowitzki and Duncan over Yao Ming today, and I love Azns more than Würzburgers (the place Dirk is from)

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well I've seen Luka Garza be player of the year
    and get drafted late.

I saw Drew Timme be a handful in college but
    get drafted late and pretty much a non factor in the NBA.

But I would have drafted Derek Lively around #9 (many rumored Mavs would take him @ #10)
    I suggested traded #4 for Pels two picks.
    I probably would've ended up leapfrogging
    Mavs at #10 and ended up with Cam Whitmore and Derek Lively.

I expect Houston to SnT for Paul George.
    That #3 going to Clippers where they need
    to draft Zubac replacement.

But the Rockets need a three year project in
    Sarr or Clingan. Edey would give us 18 minutes
    day one. One man can't stop him in the post and he is money with hook shot 10 feet out.

Edey outplays Clingan when they face each other.
    Like the guy in the video say, Clingan runs the floor better than Edey.....but Edey with a +7 inch wingspan while being 7'3" and jump with a greater vertical leap than Go ert and DeAndre Jordan. Sign me up. This draft sux anyway.

Imanimal likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, Yao Ming would have been shooting 3s and his career might have lasted longer if his prime was 20 years later.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And never dreamt of the 3rd pick and talking about taking Edey 1 year ago as well.

There is a difference between shooting and shooting well enough....you might ask Jalen Green who loves to let it fly.....

8. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Between Edey and Clingan : Edey

ArtV and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. TheBeastSystem

all in on edey and have been for over a year

trade jalen to sac for 13 and a future pick

take edey at 13

take sheppard at 3 or trade down if he gone

edey is wemby kryptonite

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The debate by these guys.....I agree with

Imanimal likes this.
  11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What have you seen to say keep Smith if they draft Edey?

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Zero basketball IQ posters trying to take a D-Leaguer at #3.

Lmao Lockets fans never change.

Remember Edey = trash. Edey fans = zero understanding of basketball.

shakes05 likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, I have Reed Sheppard as a Jimmer Fredette, Bryce Drew, Steve Alford

I've seen Jalen Green get pushed around on offense and defense at 180 pounds....how is Sheppard
    going to hold up.

I can't see Udoka playing him despite being a sniper

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Me and the others in this group have a heck of a lot more bball knowledge than you. You are the typical Silas loving, Cam hating, small ball infatuated poster who can’t see talent when it’s right in front of your eyes. You fall under the class I called “followers” earlier in this thread. We haven’t been in a Finals in 30 years and Mr. Know It All moron wants to take the flavor of the week (6’1”Reed Sheppard who scored 3 points in the Tournament) over a guy who went to the championship and averaged 30-17 and is tearing it up at the combines (14/25 threes and faster than Sarr and Clingan). Wise man you are!!!

15. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Exactly! Edey is going to be another Luka Garza! Had a great college career, but his overall game won't translate that same success in the NBA.
    We're in the era of Scoring guards...we should draft the best playmaker/3-pointer shooter at the #3 pick and it's surely not Edey!!!

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Edey is more Jokic and Ming than Garza and Utah’s Keller.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

oh man i hope you're wrong (referring to what is bolded PG)

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Edey isn't even close to Yao's skillset and IQ, let alone Jokic's. Again, his closest comp is probably Boban, though maybe if you're very generous you can envision a future where he's something in the vein of Walker Kessler or Jakob Poeltl, though I doubt it. I still think both of those guys are more mobile than Edey in functional game situations despite Edey's positive combine results.

19. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Negative. Edey is not skilled like Jokic and Yao Ming...he's a one trick pony in the post. In my opinion, not worth a lottery pick, maybe late 1st round given the talent in this draft.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Its an everyone wins situation.

Clips will be over $200M if they re-sign Harden.

Zubac leaves them as unrestrictive free agent next year. They do better off with cheap rookie contract from #3 pick.

Zubac trains his replacement. Probably Clingan.
    Heard a scout comp Clingan to Tyson Chandler.
    OMG, we ain't missing much.

PG13 is the only superstar that won't demand high volume minutes and the ball. Allows Tari and Can Whitmore to develop. Stay free of injury /lessen risk thru load management while playing everyday.