1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets need to have eyes on Bradley Beal..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 10, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do, but is he the best fit for Houston? I think we need a bigger swingman, a long 4, and a reliable backup PG who can shoot.

bj3175, Daddy Long Legs and D-rock like this.
  2. aroundtheblock2

This is where i am. Damnit I wish Sergio Llull would have a eureka moment or something of that nature.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your last line is what I was going to post. If you have another team with players that will be of more benefit to us (three-team trade), that might be the way to go.....IF that other team doesn’t have the goods to just deal with Washington without Houston involved, that is.

I’d take Beal on the team, sure, but we need another reliable ball-handler and a big (and maybe Tucker can slide from the 4 to the 3).

D-rock likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm cool with them having eyes on Beal. Just don't make it some long drawn out stare. That's how they scared Butler off.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  5. biff17

biff17 Member

Beal is definitely an upgrade over Gordon and younger boot.I

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  6. aroundtheblock2

Nah. Gordon is better ball handler, finisher, and defender and he costs significantly less than Beal, his deal is less than half than that of Beal's and he has less years on his deal as well.

7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Beal is definitely NOT an upgrade over gordon. The only, and I mean literally only, advantage he has is age. Beal has less lateral quickness, less in his offensive repertoire, and is not as good a shooter or defender. Beal is also far less clutch and has let the team down in crucial moments on so many occasions that it's tough to count.

To make matters worse, Beal and Wall have played in an iso offense that has been borderline unwatchable for years now. The closest analogy I can provide is the Cutting / Francis offense in the Rudy years, where one of the two would iso and dribble one on one while the rest of the team stagnates. Let's be patient for better offers to come along. More works his magic at the trade deadline well and I will not be at all surprised to see him do it again this year.

8. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I’m not even going to comment on the viability of acquiring Beal but I will say this, he is the only player on that team where an asset would have to be given to acquire him. The rest will be cap relief and will be attached to some sort of incentive from Washington to take their contracts on.

To the people who think Eric Gordon is superior in anything he does over Beal I say you are gravely mistaken. The only thing that Gordon does better is hitting 30 foot threes. Gordon’s range is further out. That’s it. Beal is a better ball handler to the extent that they used to play him at point for short stretches. He is also a better two way player than Gordon. If all we are giving up is Gordon, a 1st, and bad contracts you make the trade. He is locked in to a longer contract than Gordon and is younger.

In the end Beal is their most valuable asset, the talk of us having to give first round picks up for Porter are misguided. Washington would be giving up the asset to rid themselves of his contract. Maybe Wall nets them something but I bet you it would be young players on big contracts that haven’t made the next big jump in their careers.

joshuaao, Vivi and MJ19 like this.
  9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Gordon and Knight (back next month) >>> Beal

10. ReturnOfTheMac

the rockets should absolutely not go afterward Otto porter, idk why anyone is mentioning him. His contract is terrible, why pay so much for a role player? I would love Beal but long term will he stay in Houston is the question. If the rockets were to go after any of their 3-D guy it should be oubre who is a Houston native.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, can't believe soo many guys are saying Gordon is pretty much better in this and that if not overall...wow.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I live in the Wizards broadcast region. He is not a superior ball handler to Hordon. They’re the same basically. Beal makes the same stupid turnovers that Gordon does when he tries to do more three dribbles, if not more.

He’s a hard nose defender but that’s it. Wall is easily the better defender of that backcourt.

I’d take him cuz he’s younger but that’s it. Gordon in his Clipper days was a much better prospect

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We got CC. We might go for BB. Will need AA!

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Moleb

Moleb Member

Where would he play? Small forward? You want 6 ft Paul, 6'5 beal, 6'5 harden, 6'5 Tucker all in the starting line up?

Or do you indeed to have a max contract coming off the bench ? I'm suuuuuuuure beal would looooooove to come off the bench.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can start Beal. It's not like trying to fit a role player in. When you start a role player you need to account for a lot of things to make sure you maximize those minutes. When you insert players who can flat out ball and have a coach that knows how to get them involved, you force the other team into matching up with you.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Eric Gordon is so overrated on here. Beal is a clear and obvious upgrade over him without question.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Bradley Beal is a lot better than EG and I like EG.

When Beal got to be the man last year in walls absence, the wiz played better he played like a true star and the team was happy chemistry was good.

That’s what allstar level guys should do as worst. He’s that.

Is he harden and can win 55 games with cap around him. No.

He’s not an mvp level guy but if you have a core of harden cp3 Beal and Capela with tucker ennis and Clark?

You have enough talent and shooting to beat GS I have full faith in that.

If we can get Beal without sacrificing any of the guys I mention above. Rockets better do it and it think twice.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Some guys also need to realize that Gordon may bolt in 18 months, if you can swap him for Beal (without selling the farm of course) who is basically the same player but way younger, way more consistent (despite playing in a bad enviroment for years) and locked on a fair deal for three years, you just do it.

Reeko likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Nope.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gordon is certainly not playing at his best. That is a big concern, but Beal doesn't fit with Harden.