1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets must blow out the Warriors in game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 22, 2015.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I agree to a certain extent, because it would really shake their confidence, but we just need to win 2 games even if it is only by 1 point each. We already know that we are the better team because we are playing 5 against 8 (plus the rest of the world).

We would have won both those games by 10 or more if the officiating was FAIR! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Really just the first five you listed for the Warriors imo. Iggy nowadays is no different than what Aminu was for the Mavs against us. Barbosa is ancient. I'm not too worried about him, unless he is wide open for three. I just think the matchups are much easier for the Rockets, so thought the Warriors are that good, sometimes matchups can determine series.

Rockets definitely cut down on the mistakes from game one to game two. Rockets seem to be playing better and the Warriors were playing worse. Hope that trend continues.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Barbosa is not ancient. He's 32. It just seems like he's old and decrepit since he's been around forever.

The Rockets still made a lot of the same mistakes in Game 2. They left Curry open again. They gave up easy baskets off of inbound plays. They missed free throws. The turnover battle was definitely in their favor last night, but they can't count on the Warriors being THAT sloppy the rest of the series. Golden State does cough it up a lot, but usually not to that degree.

Like I said, I think the Rockets can beat this team. But they have to play really well for 48 minutes to do it(especially at Oracle Arena). They're not gonna get away with those bad stretches of ball like they did vs Dallas or even the Clippers.

4. Major

Major Member

Look at all the blowouts in the last series. It never affected anyone's confidence. NBA players are professionals and don't "lose confidence" or whatnot like fans do. NBA players have been blown out hundreds of times and have blown opponents out hundreds of times, and they've seen that it doesn't matter in the end. A loss is a loss and a win is a win. You get blown out, you move on, you play 2 days later.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Warriors get better as series get along (as demonstrated v. the Pelicans and Grizz).

I hope the Rockets also elevate their games at home b/c we will see a better Warriors team.

It's a great series, and great to watch. Hopefully it's even after game 4.

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Let's blow their knees. All of them.LOL

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's hard to say with the Pelicans series. The Warriors made an incredible run to come back from 20 down in Game 3 vs New Orleans, but I think that was more of a choke by the Pelicans than the Warriors getting better(remember, they struggled to pull out a win in Game 2 at home in that series). And once New Orleans did cough that one up, they were too young and immature to recover in Game 4.

With Memphis, I do think the Warriors played well in Games 4-6, but they were also facing an opponent that was limited by injuries. Conley and Allen were playing hurt that entire series to the point where each had to miss a game. It's not hard to get better over the course of a series if your opponent is getting more and more injured(see Rockets vs. Dallas this postseason).

I honestly have no idea how Game 3 will play out. The Warriors could shoot lights out in the 1st quarter like they did at Memphis in Games 4 and 6, and the Rockets could be playing catchup the entire night. Or maybe the Warriors played about as well as they could in Oakland and the Rockets are in control from the opening tip. But I do think the Rockets actually have more room for improvement than the Warriors do.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Get a win and maybe some good fortune. We're due.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No we don't have to blow them out, just get a much needed win and then lets go from there OP.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I just want a win.....it can be by half a point for all I care. This thing NEEDS to be 2-1 going into Monday night.

11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Rockets are the better team. We should have had one of those games, but no excuses. Even if the refs F****D us. We should win this in 7. Keep fighting!!!

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

This is my prediction

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6S76r5JZfm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Rockets will represent Houston on Saturday

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QKYkDwzi-FI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A win tomorrow, and we bridge the gap

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ScioU9dg8Co" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Because they will refuse to die

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Ujus449TTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We will survive

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kxxvc4Tk_ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And rule the basketball world

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NW55FRXlPEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

B/c we are the true warriors, not just a name on a jersey

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xXE01882InA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And you can't stop us now

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iEMeNryWuAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#32 dandorotik, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015