1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets move 6 games in April from Fox to My20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

either way i could be happy about this or angry

happy that it moved to local for the fans. probably will be angry to see rockets lose in HD :(

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

damn. back to watching online in college station. so glad this is my last bball season here.

3. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

I second this^ to have such important games on regular tv is huge!

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I thought they were beefin'? My guess is that's the reason for the moves..they got Fisher'ed.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hmmm... I wonder if they are putting Bull in between Clyde and Bill in order to prevent Bill from going postal and murder Clyde on live TV.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the only drawback IMO. As long as I can watch the game (preferably in HD) I'm good. Who are we kidding, is FOX Southwest that much better?

Plus it will be fun to listen to the train wreck that will be Bill, Bull, and Clyde. But who knows it might be better with all three at the helm.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like to watch the replay at midnight when I get home.
    This kinda sucks.

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I think it's great that the ****ty internet streams I'll be watching always get blanked out when the advertisements come on.

At least the Rockets won't be making any money off me after this horrible TV season - games disappearing, my FSN Houston suddenly turning into Mavericks TV when a Rockets game comes on, and now the end of the season basically moving to a local channel that I can't possibly watch.

**** you Rockets!

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't have cable (I use a HD antenna) and I get my20 very clear and in high def.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Cool, I'm all for not having to pay a cable bill to watch my Rockets.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I also don't think My20 will have the Post game stuff.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Same, I was depressed when they moved the Rockets to FSN Houston. Took the good old days for granted when they were on channel 51 every game. Woohooo finally I don't have to stream the the rockets game on my crappy internet.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

One extra announcer could mean fewer words being spoken by Clyde, so I'm all for it. I haven't been one of the posters that is constantly harping about how bad Clyde is, but I've had about all I can take. I can also tell that Bill is about to pull his hair out every time he works with Clyde. Ever notice how happy Bill seems when he gets to work with Bullard?

14. hairyme

hairyme Member

This is great news for me. I feel so dirty after going to those crappy streaming sites--internet transmitted diseases and whatnot.

I'm inclined to believe that showing games on local tv would help increase the fanbase. You can drive around this city and flip through the channels on local tv and there's next to no proof that the rockets even exist.

If the rockets were only on cable in the 90s, I would've never been able to watch them nor would I have become a fan.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I know that I often feel like punching Clyde in the face when I listen to him, particularly when the Rockets are not doing well and I am already kind of pissed. When the team is playing well, I don't feel like punich Clyde in the face as much.

Anyway, as Clutch said, this is probably part of the transition from Fox to Comcast. Kind of ugly business situation, but hopefully things will get better on the new network.

16. michaelconnor22

Has to be because of Astros games in the same time frame.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

But they're also leaving FSN also.

And are you from 790?

18. baldeagle40

baldeagle40 Member

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!:grin:
    no more streaming or missing games for those of us who don't have cable.
    I am not cheap and would pay for NBA LP to see all my ROX games but until they change the blackout rules, that ain't happenin'
    FSN on cable is not a local broadcast. Local Broadcast = OTA antenna :mad:

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Basically we're screwed..

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

free local broadcast > paid cable