1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Motivated to Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 22, 2017.

1. basketballholic

And he's a target.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think that's the direction we are heading.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we go the route of expanding the Lou Williams trade to a 3 team deal like @BimaThug mentioned the following is possible

Houston gets lou/tyson

Lakers get brewer/1st

Phoenix gets nene/kj/2nd

Lou/tyson is 19.4m
    Kj/nene/brewer is 13.8m
    13.8 x 150%+100k is 20.8m

I think this wojbomb is to put pressure on phoenix.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A hamstring injury on Feb 15th. I seriously doubt that Cuban would trade him to our Houston Rockets.

jump shooter and DonKnock like this.
  5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey is exhausting all trade possibilities before the deadline. Has the Lou deal in place, now getting on the phone trying to find that other F to solidify the squad. It will be difficult, but he will try to the end I am sure. Trying to keep the core and add that extra piece to make us even better. Adding Lou is great for offense, but getting another player to help defend the paint and rebound would be great. I hope somebody takes his call.

saleem likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I seriously doubt Williams is routed to a third team.

Seems like a good get for this team.

saleem and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, that's another problem, you're right, but since he's going to leave anyway, i can see Cuban trade him for some minor assets like KJ/2nd if other teams are not offering more (which is probable imo). It's just that i don't really want to trade Dekker (especially) or Trez for a minor/bench upgrade...

FANfrom86toNow and saleem like this.
  8. Lightsnowaction

Really? I thought the opposite, but with Anderson and Gordon, makes sense.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, we're getting Williams. The third team would be there to allow the Rockets to dump more salary and acquire an additional player.

saleem, Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm not sure if MDA would want him. He's a 6-9 PF with a career 3PT% lower than both Montrezl's and Nene's. Not big enough to offer any rim protection, and can't space the floor at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gibson's game. I just think he's a terrible fit here.

DonKnock and bigred77 like this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But how is it legal? Looks like 2 seperate deals to me.

12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Guess you missed the part where Lou Williams picked Houston and Magic did right by him.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Who said that?

Oh that guy.

Amel likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Basically it's a way to circumnavigate the cba restrictions but I don't know about any legalities maybe @bimathig or @heypartner would know?

Also, Phoenix could just add d. Jones. Jr and send him to Phoenix for it to be an official "3 team deal"

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think he's a terrible fit. maybe not as ideal but he's a solid pick and roll player who can finish at the rim or pop. Also plays good defense as a big.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He wouldn't move the needle.

17. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Was a joke. A bad joke.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If Williams is just being routed to another team, he doesn't know about it.

19. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I think it is safe to assume that our untouchables are Harden, Gordon, Ariza, Anderson, Nene, and maybe Bev. I love Bev and don't think we can afford to lose his defense, but we did just get a lot deeper at guard so who knows what Morey is thinking. We just signed Gordon and Anderson this summer to long contracts and it would look terrible if we were to trade them to a bad team and Nene took a pay cut just to play for us. I think as BimaThug said this will be an expansion on the Brewer-Williams trade and we will only send out K.J., Ennis, and maybe either Dekker or Harrell. LA already has our 2017 first rounder and I highly doubt Morey would trade a 2019 first rounder, so our only "Assets" we have to trade for someone are K.J., Ennis, the two second rounders, and either Dekker or Harrell.

K.J. is on a team friendly deal and has shown flashes so he probably has the value of a low first/early second, Ennis is like a tissue, use him for a trade and then throw him away. So basically we have ~4 second round picks + Dekker and Harrell who imo have ~ mid-first round pick value.

#179 Madano, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  20. micah1j

micah1j Member

I think PHO & LAL could swap 2nd round picks or something similar to make it legal.

BigMaloe likes this.